Anyone else ready to take a chance on Landon Turner... right now? (1 Viewer)

Agreed there has to be something done about the lack of cohesion on the line.

I realize they are changing personnel packages on the line to see if there is a "magic" combo of available linemen, but it just feels to me (and I'm not a coach ��) that they should pick five guys and let them play together for a half and see how they mesh. Peat was all over the line in the first half and I just worry how that might be hindering his developments at any of the spots. I just don't see that Peat is going to work as a guy you can plug in at any spot. But it seems like that's what they want from him.

Lelito was very bad. Noticeably bad. At this point he's a liability in both phases. Hopefully, they work him out of the lineup, somehow.

He's not that good at that either. But when it comes to pass blocking, he's a liability. Loses leverage battle. Stunts eat him up. Slow.

I was trying to give him atleast some credit lol but your right

I didn't watch Turner all the time but I did specifically watch him a lot. He pushed his guy back yards during running plays, and he did ok to good on the limited pass plays he was in the lineup for. To my untrained eyes, he looked pretty good last night. Now, that is comparing him to Lelito and the rest. the fact of the matter is that we need some more influx of talent in the guard position. Bad.

The Saints have to make a trade this week. even if you have to give up picks for next year . no way you can start the season with this line . Drew will last maybe two weeks at Best !

Ready to try Turner. If he doesn't improve the OL blocking, then try something else. It feels like the Christmas Dinner scene in ''A Christmas Story'' where the waiters just couldn't get the pronunciation right in ''Deck the Halls.'' The owner tells them to ''Sing something else.'' So, I say, ''Try something else.''

Last season I was asking on here why, if Lelito was so bad at LG how would he magically be better a RG. I don't think anyone ever answered me... but somehow the rumor/impression was he was better at RG

I watched him on the 130 am replay. He was solid. I'd throw him in with ones at rg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have been aware of him for a while since he played here. I think his short arms and smallish size are a liability in the pros. No one can say he doesn't have heart.

The Saints have to make a trade this week. even if you have to give up picks for next year . no way you can start the season with this line . Drew will last maybe two weeks at Best !

I actually agree with this. I hate to part with picks as much as the next guy, but Drew wont have a future behind this OL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been aware of him for a while since he played here. I think his short arms and smallish size are a liability in the pros. No one can say he doesn't have heart.

Smallish size? Landon Turner is 6'4", 330 lbs. Arms 33" long.

Landon Turner Draft Profile

Are you confusing Turner with Jack Allen?

:gosaints:

Lelito was very bad. Noticeably bad. At this point he's a liability in both phases. Hopefully, they work him out of the lineup, somehow.

I reviewed and graded every snap of Lilito, Allen, Turner, Kelemete and Peat...

I keep hearing that Lilito is a good run blocker and it's simply not the case... I feel he's average at best run blocker and terrible pass blocker...

Lelito was the worst guard on the field last night.

It's not like he's a former 1st rounder who you have to give a lot of leash to. There's no reason to keep giving him the chances he's getting. It's time to move on from him. There are guys behind him who have shown enough to give them a chance with the starters.

Lay off of Strief, because he played excellent.

Lol what game did you watch? Strief got completely flat backed which should never happen for an Olineman. Sure Peat got beat by Clowney but not ran over and put on his back the second they made contact. That was embarrassing.

Turner was better than all the starting guards yesterday ... They should let him start at RG against the steelers and let Peat start at RT .... I had such high hopes for Lelito when he made it to the 53 man roster after coming to New Orleans as a UDFA .... He hit rock bottom yesterday ..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom