Anyone else ready to take a chance on Landon Turner... right now? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I think the kid is ready to rumble. He only needs to be coached-up.

Is he as polished as many others around the league? No... hail to the no!

He certainly has rough edges. Will he hold his own and win most of his one on one battles? I think yes.

From what I've seen so far, and considering our options at Guard right now, LT is a keeper. But I'm wondering what other WhoDats think.

:gosaints:

It's worth a try to see what he's got because Peat is too soft.

Why doesn't Louis Vasquez have a team right now? Played pretty well last year, I thought it was just a financial decision for the Broncos to cut him.

Lelito is a poor pass blocker, which is also Turner's weakness, but Turner may be better at run blocking too, because Lelito also had some poor run blocks yesterday. I'd like to see Allen or Peat at left guard, because I think Kelemete does pretty well at RG.

I think the kid is ready to rumble. He only needs to be coached-up.

Is he as polished as many others around the league? No... hail to the no!

He certainly has rough edges. Will he hold his own and win most of his one on one battles? I think yes.

From what I've seen so far, and considering our options at Guard right now, LT is a keeper. But I'm wondering what other WhoDats think.

It's time for Landon Turner he is the only OG we have with upside it seems . Lelito is a run blocker not a pass blocker and Kelemente is ok but nothing special , we seem to not have enough strength up front and Andrus Peat is not a Gaurd he is a tackle . He looks good at LT and like a duck out of water at Guard . Turner is huge and is extremely strong he needs a chance with the ones can't be any worse

Not a fan of Peat inside i think if Strief and Armstead are the starting tackles the let Peat be the backup to both spots so he can continue to develop at tackle. Lelito is serviceable and Kelemente is a backup player so that leaves Turner who may of went undrafted but has the college resume and plays a position were we are thin at and believe will be a musical chairs position all year because of the lack of talent at the podition....so if Armstead, Unger and Strief are starting can they help an interior of Lelito and Turner at guard perform despite inexperiece or limitations.

I'm ready.

We've had good fortune with throwing guys out there early on the line. We simply cannot roll with out current starting O-Line to start the season. As others have said, if Turner is a punishing run blocker and struggles in pass protection, he still has one more skill in the aggregate than our other guards. We have to try something different.

Oct 27, 2015: Turner had eight (8) pancake blocks in one game (vs. Virginia). That is what you call: Kick arse! :evilgrin:

Landon Turner*|*North Carolina,*OG*:*2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Here's a realistic critique (from PFF):

Although he is less effective in pass protection, Turner still only allowed eight combined pressures (one sack, two hits and five hurries) last season.

^^IIRC, that's better than Lelito in two preseason games! :covri:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-landon-turner-og-north-carolina/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom