Anyone else suffering from spring allergies? (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I feel like i've never had this issue before, or never this bad..but about 3 days ago my nose starts running, I get a cough from itchy throat, watery eyes, headache..the whole 9 yards, and it's been INTENSE.

I have taken 3 covid tests (albeit antigen) and all come back negative. It's been brutal. Allegra has helped a bit, but it's rough. Anyone else going through this? I feel like sheete

I would suffer if I didn't take meds. I stick to a year-round course of Zyrtec in the morning and Singulair at night. There are always allergens in the air in Texas, except for maybe 2 months in the winter. I recommend taking the Allegra and Sudafed, or switch to Allegra-D. Sinus rinses may also help too.

I feel like i've never had this issue before, or never this bad..but about 3 days ago my nose starts running, I get a cough from itchy throat, watery eyes, headache..the whole 9 yards, and it's been INTENSE.

I have taken 3 covid tests (albeit antigen) and all come back negative. It's been brutal. Allegra has helped a bit, but it's rough. Anyone else going through this? I feel like sheete
Probably too late to help now, but might help in the future. Put some local honey in your coffee daily. Does wonders for allergies.

covid

But seriously....my "go to" is Allegra D along with 400 mg of Ibuprofen

I get whalloped every spring and fall. Usually lasts about 7-10 days- where im on Allegra D round the clock. Makes for some terrible sleeping patterns ( up momentarily every hour when the "time release" hits ) but keeps me going.

Gotta be brutal now when you tack on 90 degree plus humidity .

I would suffer if I didn't take meds. I stick to a year-round course of Zyrtec in the morning and Singulair at night. There are always allergens in the air in Texas, except for maybe 2 months in the winter. I recommend taking the Allegra and Sudafed, or switch to Allegra-D. Sinus rinses may also help too.

Yep. Mine have been really bad for the last week or two even with me taking way more allergy meds than you are supposed to. I think my biggest issue is grass pollen, but I have allergy issues year round despite taking Fexofenadine, Nasacort, and other stuff every day.

The sinus rinse stuff has been great for me. I still have the allergies, but I used to get sinus infections 4 or 5 times a year and the sinus rinse has more or less eliminated all of my sinus infections.

Allegra and Flonase combination when things get bad.

For me Zyrtec is more effective than Allegra but puts me to sleep.

What you gotta do is......collect a cup of wild honey, strain that through a quarter inch of spanish moss into a mason jar. Place that in your freezer over night (no longer than 9 hours). Set the mason jar on a window sill that allows in the sunlight until it is room temperature. The best way to administer it is to add one teaspoon of honey to 3 fl oz of black label Jack Daniels (no ice, but you can chill it in the fridge first if you like). Administer as much of this as needed to no longer give a fork about your sinuses. You're welcome.

Or you could just take some Zyrtec.

Yes yes. Me and my girlfriend have both been suffering. I’ve been taking a Zertec once in the morning and once at night. It’s been pretty bad. My biggest issue was the post nasel drip settled in my lungs and I have been coughing for 2 weeks.

And everywhere I go and cough, I stop the whole room because everyone thinks I’m down with VID

I don't have allergies but about 2 months I had a spell that I can only imagine was allergies. Sometime later in the day I would start sneezing constantly. It lasted several days in a row and went away and came back a week later. It was strange.

I don't have allergies but about 2 months I had a spell that I can only imagine was allergies. Sometime later in the day I would start sneezing constantly. It lasted several days in a row and went away and came back a week later. It was strange.
My Dr. told me allergies can develop overnight. His exact words were you may not be allergic to something on
Monday,but be allergic to it on Tuesday.

I get it every year and it seems to last 3-4 months.

It shouldn't be too difficult to stay away from springs
Okay, since you made a joke, I will, too.

Suffering from spring allergies? No, I like them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom