Anyone else suffering from spring allergies? (1 Viewer)

Never had allergies till I moved to AZ. Daily I take Zyrtec and Claritin. During really bad attacks I will add Sudafed (with pseudoephedrine) and Affrin spray. Really try to use these two as little as possible.

I’ve had them bad & try to do sinus rinse & Allegra daily. For me it’s mostly sneezing, watery eyes and stuffy nose.

I had been sneezing like crazy for weeks, went on a work trip to SF & didn’t sneeze once for the week I was there. Get back to SD and immediately start sneezing again. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm fairly certain that within my sinus cavities there exists a portal which opens to a realm that is completely filled with mucus. That portal has remained opened for the last several days. Even with antibiotics. I dislike sinus infections.

I feel like i've never had this issue before, or never this bad..but about 3 days ago my nose starts running, I get a cough from itchy throat, watery eyes, headache..the whole 9 yards, and it's been INTENSE.

I have taken 3 covid tests (albeit antigen) and all come back negative. It's been brutal. Allegra has helped a bit, but it's rough. Anyone else going through this? I feel like sheete
Every year when it's abnormally dry my allergies kick up. I get more of the runny nose, itchy feeling. Also, sometimes it makes me feel lethargic and light headed. Never really stuffy.

I take a daily zyrtec (the Kirkland brand generic, waaay cheaper), a Flonase generic, and saline as needed.

Oh, I also have a blue airfilter for the bedroom and I vacuum at least weekly, if not more often. Tile floors. Carpet would probably be harder.

I'm fairly certain that within my sinus cavities there exists a portal which opens to a realm that is completely filled with mucus. That portal has remained opened for the last several days. Even with antibiotics. I dislike sinus infections.
Sinus infections are nasty. I had surgery on mine back in 04. The Dr. kept me on antibiotics for 2 months before
he did the surgery. He said they were difficult to treat.

I had what I typically get in spring where my sinuses go haywire. About a month ago it took a turn and I started feeling more bodily drain and soreness. The next day I could tell there was more going on and I figured it was a sinus infection. A couple more days went by and I felt it moving into my chest and started getting a bit of sore throat. At that point I went to the doctor to get checked out. No covid, flu or strep. Doctor said my lungs sounded ok, so he didn't think pneumonia. He said it was probably viral and that there was something going around and it typically clears up within a week. He gave me an antibiotic, Claritin D and a cough liquid. It's now been nearly a month later, still have sinus issues but not as bad. However, this cough I just can't shake. Every day I'm coughing almost all day long. It's almost a dry cough, but every now and then there's a bit of mucus. Sometimes when I breath in fast I can feel it there and about 2-3 times a day I get a bad coughing spell. Sick of this cough, sick of having a headache every time I start coughing and sick of having to take crap for this cough that doesn't seem to be doing anything for it. I may go back to the doctor next week. It's driving me and everyone around me insane.

Here in SoCal, we have our windows open like 90% of the time. I often wonder which is worse - having your windows open all the time breathing in all the dust & pollens or living in a place where you are always running heat or a/c & breathing in stale moldy air.

Here in SoCal, we have our windows open like 90% of the time. I often wonder which is worse - having your windows open all the time breathing in all the dust & pollens or living in a place where you are always running heat or a/c & breathing in stale moldy air.
Use an approved HVAC filter and change it on a regular basis

I like to open windows as well,but it depends on the time of year. If I opened them now,my home would become
a steam bath in a matter of minutes

For sure. If I didn’t live here, I’m sure the ac would be on.
I love the time of year we don't have to run the AC. Unfortunately that
time is not now. It's gonna be late Oct/early Nov. before we can open
windows and enjoy cool crisp air

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom