Anyone else think Hightower ran the ball good (1 Viewer)

Seems to me Ingram runs better when he sees other players on the team getting better yardage...it's like it makes him run angrier! He may be all around better and practice better but come game-time, he's very average. I hope they give Hightower some more carries for one to justify having him on the roster and two to perhaps inspire Ingram to push him!

Hightower was the bellcow the last two games and did fine last year. But he also played two bad run defenses. However, Cadet appeared to have better chemistry with Hightower than Ingram as he also played well the last game of the season.

On another note, you use the RB defenses aren't thinking of stopping. Defenses know to stop Ingram that can stop the run. But the run game was working here.

If Hightower were to play worse getting more carries then it just says we need someone that can do what Ivory and PT did.

Purely as a runner, Hightower is better. There are many facets to being a RB, and Ingram is probably more complete, but it's pretty clear that Hightower is a better runner.

7.8 yards per carry is hard to argue with

I wished they would have used him on 4th and short a few times. Kept momentum for the offense and show Kansas City the Saints meant business. Instead, they wimped out and punted. Hightower was running so well :(

Ingram is supposed to be the stud b/c we gave up two high draft picks for him, but he does nothing above average. The one thing he usually does well is hold onto the ball, but he didn't even do that today. I would definitely like to see more of Hightower.

NO we did not. We gave away 1 Draft pick for Ingram. We used the second pick you refer to to take Ingram.

Purely as a runner, Hightower is better. There are many facets to being a RB, and Ingram is probably more complete, but it's pretty clear that Hightower is a better runner.

So clear that Lasco moved in front of him before he got injured.

Can we stop with all this nonsense. I understand you believe what you write, but to say it is pretty clear Hightower is a better runner... well maybe to you, but not to me and not the coaching staff.

Hightower had some gaping holes. Ingram didn't get any of those.

Hightower does seem to hit those holes with that crazy person running style like Mike Bell did, tho.

In my opinion and its just my opinion C. Ivory was a better running than Ingram, C. Robinson was a better running than Ingram and also Hightower is a better runner than Ingram. Ingram maybe better all around, I heard that Ingram is the best on pass blocking.

Hightower had some gaping holes. Ingram didn't get any of those.

Hightower does seem to hit those holes with that crazy person running style like Mike Bell did, tho.

From what I seeing Hightower just take one step and go to a hole. Ingram waits for the line blocking to develop. Bout time that happens the LB's already got to him.

Ingram is the better RB by a slight margin, but needs to learn to finish his runs like Hightower. Not only will it bring up his YPC a little, but will stop some of the fumbles and injuries.

1 of the reasons that Hightower can carry it 30 times and Ingram only 15 is the awkward way Ingram finishes runs. It gasses him out to stand up and fight 5 defenders trying to strip him. Hightower runs until solid contact, then secures the ball and stretches out to daylight for an extra yard or 2. That's 100% more efficient way to run, and prevents strips.

Ingram=more talent.
Hightower=better technique.

Ingram is the better RB by a slight margin, but needs to learn to finish his runs like Hightower. Not only will it bring up his YPC a little, but will stop some of the fumbles and injuries.

1 of the reasons that Hightower can carry it 30 times and Ingram only 15 is the awkward way Ingram finishes runs. It gasses him out to stand up and fight 5 defenders trying to strip him. Hightower runs until solid contact, then secures the ball and stretches out to daylight for an extra yard or 2. That's 100% more efficient way to run, and prevents strips.

Ingram=more talent.
Hightower=better technique.

What? I swear this board just likes to jump on stuff that's not true. Ingram has a total of 7 fumbles compared to Hightowers 12 and also has almost 200 more touches over their respective careers. (Odd stat, both have 6 years of work and similar amount of games played)

Also, Ingram has a better ypc than Hightower over his career. There is a reason Hightower was benched. He had 2.3, 2.8, and 3.0 in games this year. This was the first game this year that Hightower looked good while Ingram still had a decent game at 3.9 ypc.

Also, I don't know who you are watching, but Ingram constantly fights for more yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom