Anyone Else Think the Showing Against HOU Has Been Completely Overblown? (2 Viewers)

My problem with the Houston game was the play of the Oline, which has been a problem for a while now. We knew it was a weakness going into last offseason and we didn't do ANYTHING about it.

I don't count bringing in undrafted players. We neglected the position, and for that... we'll be hoping Drew doesn't get killed behind this line, and our run game has been non-existent this preseason.

And its not because our running backs are bad, but rather they have no holes to run thru.

Once Armstead is out there the line will start to solidify. He is the anchor on that left side.

ask yourselves this......would your reactions be different if we won both of the first games by 20? I'm guessing it would. The mantra seems to be preseason doesn't matter but I say it does. Penalties and turnovers have nothing to do with vanilla schemes. I'm sure coaches and players alike play those games to win them.

Preseason always brings out the arm chair GMs. "Peat's a bust", "Trade for Leary", "Bring back Jari Evans", etc. I watched the game replay and what I saw was a Murphy fumble that led to a TD, and a pass Coleman should have hung on to but didn't that would have put the Saints in scoring position. My guess is Drew would have gotten us the end zone from there. Other than that, what we saw was, well, the 2nd preseason game. I think there was a concern coming in with the interior OL and I do think Lelito struggled mightily. But I do not think we go and trade a future high draft pick for an OL on Dallas' roster just because we see some early struggles. They'll get better as they settle in and Peat is not bounced around from left to right. Anyone would struggle when exposed to that.

except for the offensive line, I don't think anyone's overblowing anything .... and rightly so ... offensive line is a major concern ..

O line will play much better at home after a rest, you can take that to the bank, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom