Anyone else watching twitter for news? (1 Viewer)

MrVoodoo

Coach J
Reaction score
Sitting there watching the live feed for "Saints" waiting for news that reads "Saints trade for xxx from the xxxxs."

There has to be a reason why Sean was focused on evaluating talent yesterday during the game (reason given for Carmichael calling plays) and us having the cap space we have. Has to be someone or some bodies on their radar to grab and I just feel like it'll be this morning (or would it be tomorrow with Monday night football tonight?)

Pass rush and/or CB (but have no idea who the heck they'd try to grab or what the compensation would be).

In-season trades are rare, and you never see quality players moved until the off-season. I think we're dancing with the players we have, unless we pick up someone off the street, like Finnegan.

It wouldn't happen today. It would happen on Tuesday, just like us releasing Murphy and resigning Finnegan will happen tomorrow. It is the teams MO to release vested vets ahead of the first game and then resign them after the first game so they do not have their salary guaranteed.

In-season trades are rare, and you never see quality players moved until the off-season. I think we're dancing with the players we have, unless we pick up someone off the street, like Finnegan.

Oh I agree - seldom happens, but can't help but think that there is someone on their radar. I don't see anyone on the street (other than Finnegan) who would be a beneficial pickup at this time. What decent pass rushers are available?

What decent pass rushers are available?

Not a one.

No one that's not the on the Saints roster now -- or that wasn't on the Saints roster very recently -- will join the team during the 2016 and make a difference. Just doesn't happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom