Anyone ever annoy you on their cell phone? This might be for you! (1 Viewer)

pancho

Superbowl by '08
Reaction score
Block the signal of all cell phones within about 20 feet with this device.

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4355~r.96035782

sku_4355_1.jpg

I thought they ruled it illegal to purposefully block cell phone reception of others?

It seems like it should be illegal, and it does seem like you are setting yourself up to be sued if you block a call that ends up negatively affecting someone that you blocked. But they are for sale, so I assume that they are legal. :dunno:

i couldnt order it fast enough.....
so tired of hearing peoples private conversations......

Doesn't do a thing for GSM 850, must be made for Europe and Japan or something.

Ive done some research on these devices and found some very interesting information.

its very clear im not the only person that believe people are very rude when having cell phone conversations in public.

many retailers are considering jammers in places such at restaurants, bars, movie theaters, court rooms, and religious areas.

the average price for a device that works well is currently around $200.00

i looked but i have been unable to locate a law making such device or activity illegal. if anyone knows of such law please post a link. thanks.

Why do conversations bother people so much? Are you equally annoyed when two or more people are talking and you hear them?

Why do conversations bother people so much? Are you equally annoyed when two or more people are talking and you hear them?

It's not so much the talking as it is the way some people think that having a cell phone gives them a license to talk anywhere they want. There are people that have the nerve to use their cell phone at the movies, at the library, and in some cases, in church! That's what annoys most people I think, talking where it's inappropriate.

I think you make a great point Jim. What is the difference between two people in a restaurant talking about their lives and someone on a cell phone talking to someone you can't see or hear? I don't see where this bothers anyone.

As far as the movies or church, I could almost see this happening and would probably support it, almost. I have kids and want the sitter to be able to get in touch with me. Now, I turn my cell phone on vibrate and if I get a call, I'll either leave the theatre to anwser or I'll see who it is and let it buzz out. I know a lot of rude people don't do that and that irriatates me to no end.

that's what i was thinking....i think people don't like the fact that they can't hear the other half of the conversation

It used to be that the subways were free of such acts, but the signals, or antennas are getting better. That safe haven is slowly but surely dwindling. I know someone that has a device very similar if not the same thing. I got a good chuckle seeing it in action.

It's not conversations per se. Have no problem with conversations in a "normal" speaking voice. I have no problem with someone on a cellphone who is considerate and who keeps their voice moderate.

But cell phones bring out the worst in some people. They bellow and scream into the thing as if no one else is there.

It's particulalry annoying in the DC area, where there are so many annoying and self-important people to begin with. Give them cell phones and they have to let everyone around them hear how important they are and who they're having dinner with.

Now, I'm gonna put a stop to that.

Last edited:
The problem I have is with people that enter an establishment to conduct business (bank, Dr. office, etc) while having a personal conversation on their cell phone. As a Pharmacist I experience this all to often. I usually ignore the customer until they get off the phone. I think businesses should be allowed to jam phone calls as long as they post signs attesting to that fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom