Anyone ever do the bourbon trail? (1 Viewer)

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Some college buddies and I make it a point to do a guy's vacation every so often. This time around we're looking at going to Louisville to tackle some of the Bourbon distilleries. Hoping to do some tours and a lot of tastings.

Anyone ever do it? Which places should we hit? There's dozens of them. Thinking we'll have time to get to about 8.

It's on my to do list with my daughter when she turns 21. I know enough to start in Louisville at the Frazier History museum across from the Louisville Slugger factory. You get a "passport" book there that can be stamped at each distillery I read. There are like 4-5 distilleries on that one street that ends at the minor league ballpark. Michters, Evan Williams, Old Forester and Angel's Envy. I think there are a couple of smaller labels there, too. The Muhammad Ali museum is also around the corner and I have been told to eat at Doc Crow's.

Good info! Thanks! I read that the Evan Williams tour is must do.

I was in Kentucky about 10 years ago to meet my Mom and Dad at the Senior Olympics in Louisville. On my way home I decided to Stop at the Jim Beam distelary. At about 2 away you could smell the whiskey and as I got closer it I Felt drunk. The tour was amazing though, You get to see the entire process from distilling, barrel making, to filling the barrels for aging.

Good info! Thanks! I read that the Evan Williams tour is must do.

I've done Evan Williams and it was really fun. They have a "speakeasy" in the basement where they do the tastings and they make it to feel "period" from prohibition. It's fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom