Anyone ever fly to Miami for Mardi Gras? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know its a specific time, but trying to find an accurate estimate on what it would cost to fly to Miami around Mardi Gras time. We are looking at cruises in 2023. Trying to build a budget to supply to friends to gauge interest. 4th of July weekend looks like $165, for I'd imagine in the winter it would be $100 or less, right?

Maybe I am slow… but I’m not seeing the link between Miami & Marci Gras… 🤷🏻‍♀️
there's a reverse migration that happens during Mardi Gras (mostly from Uptowners who are blocked in their neighborhoods by parades and have the money to do something about it)
most either for to Disney World or skiing out West
there are also cruises

speaking of cruises i heard some cruiselines won't require proof of immunization
hard not to see the appeal

You won't catch me on one of those floating virus incubators. No way.
I have never had the desire to go on a cruise. Then my aunt & her daughter got stuck for weeks on that one back like 6 or so years ago that was stuck in the Gulf of Mexico & it was then that I said absolutely not ever. An even bigger nope than prior to that happening.

You won't catch me on one of those floating virus incubators. No way.

I've been on many vacations... I've been on many cruises (7) and have never gotten sick from anything.

I've been on 6 cruises. By far the best were the small vessel cruises with 110 and 32 passengers respectively. They gained access to ports the huge cruise ships could not.

Domenica, Illes de Saintes, Montserrat, Guadeloupe. We had the islands to ourselves :)

The other small vessel cruise was Penobscot Bay in Maine. Wonderful. The worst part was on one hot day (that's 80 degrees in Maine) asking the first mate if it was ok to jump overboard. He said "Yep, by all means!" Penobscot Bay was about 50 degrees that day :hihi:

It doesn't go that far ahead.

I don't think anyone here or anywhere can predict what airfare will cost in July 2023. But if you want an idea based on what can be predicted, look at what it costs in 2021 or even 2022.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom