Anyone Ever Have A Waterbed? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why have they declined in popularity so much? I mean i know they had the occasional leak and flooding issues, but they were SO popular at one time that it seemed like most homes had at least one.. I had a hand-me-down waterbed when ii was in junior high and it was amazing.. My older cousin used to tell me that women loved ‘getting busy’ on waterbeds, but my family got rid of it before i ever had a chance to find out if that was true.. I did read recently that a new type of waterbed is making a comeback in stores, and that it’s much different than the old Kind.. Would be kinda cool to see them again.

Mine looked similar to this:

5CD803FD-8B9C-40E3-A895-EF338CA16E47.jpeg

My father-in-law is still rocking one. He thinks all regular mattresses are trash. Haha

I had one in the 80's. It was not good for things other than sleeping. Then the heater died and it wasn't good for sleeping anymore. I didn't have the resources to fix it and I never had the desire to try another.

didn't we do this thread (or was it a subtopic in another thread)
my uncle had one in his apartment at the back of his mechanic shop (no, that's not a scene from Porky's, that's real life)
also had a friend of the family with an airbrushed van (not quite metal album cover, but close enough)

I had one for awhile, I found that the heaters going out were the absolute worst, especially in the winter lol.

I guess when you are younger, "getting busy" on a liquid filled bladder is less of a challenge. But, I also feel the need to point out that "the motion of the ocean" is not necessarily a good thing when you stumble into your waterbed after an evening of drinking.

Last edited:
If you want to get one and need financing, I suggest you follow this Twitter feed. ?

ugh
so not only have we had the thread before, i started it:rolleyes:

for those of you who aren't 50 yet, don't.
stop whatever you're doing and work to not pass 50

I had one for awhile, I found that the heaters going out were the absolute worst, especially in the winter lol.
Even in the summer, the lack of a heater was brutal. It killed my teenaged back. It was like sleeping on a metal slab.

I had mine from 14-must’ve been about 27 or so until I worked extra over a summer to buy a real mattress. I liked it. Set the heater on 82 and ride the waves. I liked it. Not sure at 48 I would like it though

I had one in the mid-70s, back when I was in my 20s. They were popular because they were rather inexpensive. A high-quality regular bed is far superior to a waterbed for sleeping and otherwise.

ugh

From almost exactly four years ago.. and i posted the second response to your OP, which i have no memory of! However, your thread reminded me that i did indeed reach ‘second base’ on my waterbed, so thanks for that.

but yeah i wouldnt feel too bad, repeating a thread from 4 years ago isnt bad, since i feel like we are already repeating questions and answers on the ‘trivia/name that tv show’ thread that only started last month..

ugh

for those of you who aren't 50 yet, don't.
stop whatever you're doing and work to not pass 50

Oh, and i like how in the other thread, you noticed that something we also used to see a lot (like waterbeds) that we dont see as much anymore are Irish Setters.. to that list i would like to add backgammon, and fondue.

* i feel like we used to see a lot more Dalmatians, Dobermans and English Sheepdogs as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom