Anyone Ever Have A Waterbed? (1 Viewer)

ugh
so not only have we had the thread before, i started it:rolleyes:

for those of you who aren't 50 yet, don't.
stop whatever you're doing and work to not pass 50

I'm 11 months from 50, :mecry:.

My parents had one that was separate chambers filled with water and basically a thin mattress on top that covered the frame

Why have they declined in popularity so much? I mean i know they had the occasional leak and flooding issues, but they were SO popular at one time that it seemed like most homes had at least one.. I had a hand-me-down waterbed when ii was in junior high and it was amazing.. My older cousin used to tell me that women loved ‘getting busy’ on waterbeds, but my family got rid of it before i ever had a chance to find out if that was true.. I did read recently that a new type of waterbed is making a comeback in stores, and that it’s much different than the old Kind.. Would be kinda cool to see them again.

That was so funny lol

ugh
so not only have we had the thread before, i started it:rolleyes:

for those of you who aren't 50 yet, don't.
stop whatever you're doing and work to not pass 50
You selling waterbeds on the side?

Loved my waterbed I bought around 83 when we moved to Tampa. Got the whole set with dresser n chest. The quality of the solid wood was incredible. About 10 years later I replaced the bladder with a "waveless" bladder. Never used the heater, we liked a cold bed. Until we moved to Colorado that is...then made minor modifications to insert a Sleep Number mattress into the box. Kept it similar to a waterbed. Since it still had the padded railings, getting in/out in your 60s was becoming a yoga exercise. Finally started over 4 years ago with foam gel adjustable bed, not as comfortable but good enough. Kept the bed base with drawers and made a workbench in my shed and have the headboard stored to hang on wall someday.

I built mine out of 2X12s and plywood in the early 90s. It lasted until I left college and moved to Shreveport. It sprung a small leak during an excessively adventurous evening and the wife wanted a "real bed".

I always thought they were cool when other people had them, but when I finally had the opportunity to sleep in one when I was in college it was one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. Absolutely killed my back. Never again!

I built mine out of 2X12s and plywood in the early 90s. It lasted until I left college and moved to Shreveport. It sprung a small leak during an excessively adventurous evening and the wife wanted a "real bed".
You gotta aim man, you can’t just jab that thing willy-nilly

I fell asleep in a backyard hot tub once, woke up after the sun came up all pruned like a raisin. And by all pruned, yes, everybit of me was pruned. At least I still had half a beer to hydrate with.

For reals, I had a waterbed for a while (early - mid 90s), but it leaked, and then for some reason apartments started prohibiting them. It was not good for my back, so I am glad I moved on.

Basic sex positions are fun, but more advanced ones are tricky to the point of not being worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom