Anyone expecting anything from Granderson? (1 Viewer)

I like him and I hope he would be better, but I would be surprised if he is something more than a rotational player. But that is enough of what we need out of him.

I mean I thought he looked pretty good for a guy who didnt even go to training camp and very little playing time. I mean the staff onviously see something with how they did keep him even though he didnt go through training camp

Not really. But it would be a great bonus if stands out more. Physically he looks the part. But from my eyes he needs a lot of coaching.
Right I feel this is the sensible approach.

A shortened OTA, Training Camp cycle would hurt him especially since he missed the entirety of last Training Camp, so he's already behind the curve on Technique, and one on one Coaching points.. he got by on Athletic traits in his role last season.

I scratch my head when people completely rule out Drafting a possible edge if the value lines up just because they are expecting Granderson to suddenly become a refined Every-Down DE.. solely because he "looks the part." He has just as much of a chance of being another Al-Quadin Muhammad, or Greg Romeus.. guys with all the physical potential but just hang around at the bottom of the roster and never put it all together, as he does of being a quality rotational player.

Let's wait and see...

I’d forgotten about him until another poster mentioned him in a D line thread I was participating in.

I’m actually excited about him and am hopeful for a nice contribution.

With a full off-season under his belt I'm hoping he grows a little. He showed some good signs last year. We only need him to provide relief for starters and maybe step in for injury. He should be fresh most of the year. I didn't pay attention to his play against the run which would be a concern of mine if he has to play alot. Also, hoping the off season helps him to develop ways to win besides just speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom