Anyone familiar with the TV market? (1 Viewer)

Make the space bigger. Lol
When our 50 inch tv that fit perfectly between these two windows went out, the wife said it's a rule you can't buy a new tv unless it's bigger than the old one.
20210125_142302.jpg

I'm scared of what happens when this one goes out....

When our 50 inch tv that fit perfectly between these two windows went out, the wife said it's a rule you can't buy a new tv unless it's bigger than the old one.
20210125_142302.jpg

20210125_142302.jpg

We're in the same boat. The space ours will fit in would just barely (maybe) accommodate a 55" TV, but it would look so disproportionate that it's out of the question for us. A 50" will look huge as it is. The only other option is a complete rearrangement of our living space which really wouldn't work with the leather living room set that we just purchased last year. Anything bigger than a 50" would also be larger than the cabinet (also new) it will be sitting on. So we'd be looking at replacing fairly new furniture and/or doing major construction just to accommodate the TV.

20210125_142302.jpg

That's easy. Hang curtains on one rod across both windows to create an illusion of one big area vs two. I'd hang the high, too.

Since you've looked at rtngs you already have a good idea what is out there. The problem is the really good tvs are all the larger sized ones, I'd say minimum 55 inches. I was going to say the TCL 6 series, which is a pretty good value brand, but the smallest was 55 inches. I'd say the best small tv is the 48 inch Lg OLED or the 48 inch sony (both use the same panel) but those start at $1400 for the LG, and due to how they are manufactured, there isn't going to be much of a price drop unless/until they are discontinued and are being cleared out for 2021 models, and who knows when that could be. If you had asked a couple months ago, vizio had a sale on their 55 inch oled for $899, but then again that would have been too big for the area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom