N/S Anyone feel sorry for Stefan Diggs? (1 Viewer)

Seriously I watch that game on Sunday and I saw a horrible Bills team. Yes Josh didn't play all that well. But any quarterback would struggle with that horrible Bills offensive line. A few miss throws by Josh but a couple of critical drops by his receivers too. But the worst performance goes to the defense. My gosh, Burrow had so much time to throw. Receivers were wide open. Blown assignments. After the Bills scored to cut the lead down to 7 points, on the Bengal possession the defense should of stop them from scoring. For a defensive minded head coach, this guy surely let his team down for 2 years in a row. If Digg want to get mad, he needs to get mad at the defense more so than worry about getting the ball all the time.

Seriously I watch that game on Sunday and I saw a horrible Bills team. Yes Josh didn't play all that well. But any quarterback would struggle with that horrible Bills offensive line. A few miss throws by Josh but a couple of critical drops by his receivers too. But the worst performance goes to the defense. My gosh, Burrow had so much time to throw. Receivers were wide open. Blown assignments. After the Bills scored to cut the lead down to 7 points, on the Bengal possession the defense should of stop them from scoring. For a defensive minded head coach, this guy surely let his team down for 2 years in a row. If Digg want to get mad, he needs to get mad at the defense more so than worry about getting the ball all the time.
That's no excuse, the Bengals were starting 3 backups on their OL and didn't have a problem.

Well regardless of who start the line struggle and the Bengals line didn't.
I'll give an example, in 09, the Saints had to sign the Predator and McCallister off the street just to be able to field some CB's against the Patriots and they still curb stomped them. I will not accept any excuses for their OL play especially considering what the Bengals had to do.

Anyone feel sorry for Diggs? He got one one lucky catch against us. That is it. He is not the best receiver in the league.

Nope. He’s a well paid athlete who signed a contract to play football. Football is a team sport, which makes it so difficult to experience year to year excellence with pieces moving so frequently. Heartbreak abounds. He deserves space to feel his initial emotions. I don’t think he needs to apologize, but fans reserve the right to view his actions as disappointing or petulant. He’ll get over it, we’ll get over it.

That's no excuse, the Bengals were starting 3 backups on their OL and didn't have a problem.

Yup, IMO Josh Allen is highly, highly, overrated. He is the "prototypical" sized QB, with the rifle arm and great athleticism so of course the so called media experts gush over him to no end. He has good-great regular season stats....but....

He couldn't hold Joe Burrow's jock in clutch time. Burrow just has the "it" factor, big plays at key times, leadership ability (you think Burrow wouldn't confront Diggs if he did this on the Bengals?) and toughness. Josh Allen hasn't shown that he has the intangibles (at least yet) to be a SB level QB....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom