Anyone feel that if we signed Zach Thomas, would we be able to obtain Vilma? (1 Viewer)

I think it more would effect the signing of Morgan. IMHO, if Thomas would have been signed we still would have traded for Vilma and just moved Thomas to WLB instead of signing Morgan.

Would anyone feel safe having Thomas starting the whole year? I wouldn't. The dude was great in his prime, but age and injuries have taken their toll. IMO, taking Thomas would, to me, mean that we'd have to draft a LB real high to take over if/when Thomas goes down. He would be a great roll model and teacher for the youngins, but I am not sure how much money he'd want in the first place. May be too much for what he'd give us.

Good observation. I really wanted Thomas (hoping we would draft MLB in the 2nd (like Lofton)) but if it would have been between Thomas and Vilma, I'd definitely rather Vilma. But it could be like rlemioux said.

I wonder if our trade for Vilma is what made Zach go elsewhere?

Good observation. I really wanted Thomas (hoping we would draft MLB in the 2nd (like Lofton)) but if it would have been between Thomas and Vilma, I'd definitely rather Vilma. But it could be like rlemioux said.

I wonder if our trade for Vilma is what made Zach go elsewhere?

Thomas went to Dallas before we traded for Vilma. He wanted to be closer to home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom