Anyone fly or go on vacation since the pandemic (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have a vacation scheduled to Hawaii in July but looks like it’s going to be canceled because there is a 14 day quarantine when you arrive so ain’t happening.

I have to go to Vegas and SD in the next 2 weeks but haven’t flown since late February so I’m interested to see how it goes.

Our nephew is getting married in Telluride, Co in early August. We’ve driven there from Dallas twice in the past and it’s 16 hours. On way there drove 10 hours to Albuquerque then Telluride. On way back 10 hours to Amarillo then home. We’re flying this time. 2.5hours nonstop Taking the chance.

I nixed our Hawaii trip before covid got here because I knew it was coming and felt easier to break to kids then rather than hold out hope and nix it month or so before.

So we doing Perdido Key in July but driving. Have no urge to fly anytime soon. I'm sure it's ok to fly, but just no need to do so if I don't have to. If work, totally get it and I'm sure planes are cleaner today than at any point before.
But if some fool around me starts hacking, I'd lose my mind lol

My parents have flown twice.

I have no real desire at this point. We’re driving places. Not staying in hotels. Not yet.

I nixed our Hawaii trip before covid got here because I knew it was coming and felt easier to break to kids then rather than hold out hope and nix it month or so before.

So we doing Perdido Key in July but driving. Have no urge to fly anytime soon. I'm sure it's ok to fly, but just no need to do so if I don't have to. If work, totally get it and I'm sure planes are cleaner today than at any point before.
But if some fool around me starts hacking, I'd lose my mind lol
My in-laws owned 2 condos at Eden and 1 at Perdido Sun plus a couple at the purple parrot. I loved Perdido Key because it was so family oriented. Between orang beach and Pensacola with not a lot of people on the beach. Perfect for kids. We may come down in July and stay there.

I have a vacation scheduled to Hawaii in July but looks like it’s going to be canceled because there is a 14 day quarantine when you arrive so ain’t happening.

I have to go to Vegas and SD in the next 2 weeks but haven’t flown since late February so I’m interested to see how it goes.
Beaches are fully open again....bring your speedo!

I haven't flown in 2020. This time each of the last two years I've had flown 50k miles by June.

I really want to be up along the Ne/SD border for severe weather Saturday and in South La on Sunday for the tropical storm but flying is the only option so I'm just going to have to pick 1. No way on the planes. I'm getting to the point I might stay in a hotel in the right places, rural areas with few cases. Unless the airlines come up with a rapid test that works and a safe way to fly it's just not going to happen until a vaccine rolls around. I know a lot more people are booking tickets but it's just a recipe for disaster that isn't going to last very long.

Hoping to be able to fly back home in July. Need to bring some paperwork for my wife and kids' residences.

I was "stuck" in Alaska since February and finally flew home yesterday. Cancelled most of my travel for the rest of the year. Kinda sorta thinking about trying to make a quick trip to southeast asia in late october but think its not likely to be possible.

Also, people seemed to have moved on from the virus when I was traveling. Most wore no mask in the airport and masked up to get on the plane. Our numbers will spike again soon I am sure. We had 400k airline pasengers in the US yesterday and my flights were pretty full.

I know a lot more people are booking tickets but it's just a recipe for disaster that isn't going to last very long.

That's us. We'll be 5 of the ingredients in the recipe. It's a 2 hour flight versus a 16 hour, 2 day drive. I understand people not wanting to do it, and if my nephew wasn't getting married in Telluride, Co, we would pick some vacation spot within 1 day driving distance. Another factor in our decision is we had 4 $400 vouchers from a trip to San Diego last year. American Airlines called the morning of the trip, said they overbooked and offered us $400 vouchers to go at a later time. We couldn't pass it up. The vouchers were set to expire on 6/15. Maybe American would've extended them, but the wedding is the reason for the trip. We understand we're taking the risk and planning to stay home for at least 7-10 days when we get home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom