Anyone fly or go on vacation since the pandemic (1 Viewer)

I have a business trip to fly into Omaha in a couple of weeks, on top of normal COVID protocol, my employer has asked that I wear goggles on the plane. I will be sitting by myself on my half of the row as Delta has seats blocked. I dont see getting upgraded to first class with half those seats blocked, though with no food/drink service, my comfort plus seats will be almost equivalent.

We changed our plans and cancelled the flight. Covid is exploding in North Central Texas, and American Airlines just announced they’re booking flights to capacity. As of now making the long drive. At least it’s somewhat scenic in parts of New Mexico. Texas on Hwy 287 up to Amarillo sucks.

I will be driving to Telluride myself for rest and relaxation, first spending time in Santa Fe though my favorite place to stay north of Santa Fe toward Los Alamos is closed which was located at the Pojoaque reservation. I have had numerous business trips in Telluride and been their for leisure just one other time. This time we are staying in Mountain Village and will ride the gondola down into town.

Ive been trying to put together a road trip for next month, since I love road trips, I’m still furloughed and might never have the time and opportunity for a long trip that i have right now.. Started looking into Montana, maybe checking out Glacier NP and Yellowstone (i realize most of Yellowstone isnt in MT)- but then i read the other day that Montana is the single most researched road trip destination in the US right now.. Uh, no thanks, I’m trying to get *away* from people...

I usually go to Yellowstone every other year, this is my year off, I always try to go to Glacier but something always stops me beyond my control (not enough time or when I do plan the time flight disruptions have me lose time). If you were to decide to take a road trip to GNP, please note that Many Glacier, just beyond east side of the park is closed. The Indian tribe has closed all the land that adjoins the park on that side, so from my understanding the roads are closed at some point in the park to view the whole park and take advantage of all the other scenery to see.

Was in the French Quarter a week before Ash Wednesday, for 3 days...... meaning the city was plenty crowded.

I was either very lucky or have already been unknowingly exposed to it.

Yeah until you get to Northern N.M that drive is a drag. I remember outside of Lubbock there were miles of Dairy Cow Warehouses/Stalls. Smelled like cowpee and manure.
Sounds like you been to Muleshoe, TX! At least you got to pass through the supposed tomb of Billy the Kid on that route.

Anyone flown international?
I am going to have to go back home to do some paperwork next month.

I have a vacation scheduled to Hawaii in July but looks like it’s going to be canceled because there is a 14 day quarantine when you arrive so ain’t happening.

I have to go to Vegas and SD in the next 2 weeks but haven’t flown since late February so I’m interested to see how it goes.

We had a trip to Disney / Discovery Cove booked for Memorial Day week because my daughter was graduating High School and my future son-in-law was graduating college. The trip obviously got canceled. So, we are now going to Destin the week after July 4th. We are hoping we can still go. We rented a house, but I'm certainly going to bring a lot of Lysol. We really don't go to the beach itself too much, and when we do, we are on a little private stretch that isn't very crowded. We mostly spend time at the pool. We will probably have to get most of our meals to go, but we all need to get out of town for a bit.

Last edited:
I had an urgent family issue that required me to fly to NOLA from Dallas on Sunday until today. I was pretty nervous beforehand, but the SW employees were wiping down the touchscreens to check luggage in after each use. After I handed the TSA agent my license, I hand sanitized it after it was handed back and I wiped everything down w/ a Lysol wipe after it went thru the Xray machine. Masks were required to board, and no one was allowed in a middle seat unless they were traveling w/ someone they were with. I wiped down the armrests and that was that. Did the same for the return trip, so hopefully, in 2-3 days, I'll still be fine lol. A alot of ppl walking around Love Field in Dallas didn't have masks on in the concourses (yay Texas), but in NOLA, masks were way more common. The TSA agents didn't change gloves at all though. There are hand sanitizer stations all over Louis Armstrong and I didn't see one at Love Field, also, the TSA agents at Love required you to hand them your ID when entering the security area, in NOLA, you just have to pull it out and show it to them, but in both places, you'll get physically 'patted down' on your shoulders and sides after the Xray machine by someone wearing the same pair of gloves though, so when I got home, I immediately threw my clothes in the washing machine and then took a shower just in case.

We changed our plans and cancelled the flight. Covid is exploding in North Central Texas, and American Airlines just announced they’re booking flights to capacity. As of now making the long drive. At least it’s somewhat scenic in parts of New Mexico. Texas on Hwy 287 up to Amarillo sucks.

I want to kill puppies by the time I reach Wichita Falls.

I flew from San Antonio to Dallas weekend before last on Southwest. They had people separated with no one in the middle seats and you had to wear a mask, which was fine. Both San Antonio and Love Field airports were practically deserted and security was the easiest I had seen it since 9/11.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom