Anyone going to the French Food Festival this week? (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
http://mobiletel2.mobiletel.com/~bayoucivicclvhpl/fff.htm

DNA and Zebra are playing on Saturday night. I'm kidless this weekend and had a choice to either go to a Halloween block party in Kenna bra with these psycho chicks or just wing it on my own and hit the FFF. I think I'm going to the FFF :shrug:

Decorated food booths showcase 20 different local specialty dishes. Visitors and locals alike delight in tasting Shrimp Boulettes, Crawfish Etouffe, Seafood Gumbo, Alligator Sauce Piquante, White Oyster Soup, Shrimp Po-Boys, Shrimp Etouffe, Jambalaya, Pork Routee, Gratons, Hogshead Cheese, Crawfish Fettuccine, Fried Fish & White Beans, Oyster Po-Boys, Seafood Pistolettes, Crawfish Meat Pies, Shrimp Shish Kebobs, Fried Crab Claws, Boudin, and Red Beans & Rice. Specialty desserts including Pralines, Tartes a la Bouille, Cobblers and Beignets bring connoisseurs back year after year.

I don't know what Pork Routee, Gratons or Tartes a la Bouille are, but I guess I'm going to find out.

TPS

OP
TPS

TPS

Reaction score
And oddly enough, my brother in law from dahn da bah-u always has white beans with his fried fish. :shrug:

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what Pork Routee, Gratons or Tartes a la Bouille are, but I guess I'm going to find out.
Not positive but going by Cajun French

Pork Rotuee= Pig on Rotisserie
Gratons= Craklins
Bouille= sounds like boo-ee in cajun french which are inner parts (liver, kindney and so on)

Newkie

Geaux Saints
Reaction score
Don't know the specifics, but Tartes a la Bouille is a type of dessert ... like a pie, I guess? With custard, maybe?

I'm terrible at explaining food-type things. I usually just worry about the whole "eating" aspect food.

... and Tartes a la Bouille is pretty darn good.

Reaction score
I came in this thread to say that it was months ago... but you got me good! Touche'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom