anyone have a pond? check out mine, in progress (1 Viewer)

Might want to invest in a LOT of deep woods off. Mosquito hatchery?

If he throws in some Mosquito fish those things work wonders we have about 500 or so in our pond and we dont have mosquitos around our pond. the nice thing is the bass and bream eat em too and the mosquito fish breed pretty quickly so there is never a shortage in our pond

My pond is called Cross Lake.

here are some recent pictures. just about finished now. just has a little bit of ring levee left, then it will be time for water testing and stocking.

Attachments

• DSC_0546 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0546 (Medium).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0552 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0552 (Medium).JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0554 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0554 (Medium).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
here is a satellite shot that is kind of old, this thing is big.

Attachments

• pond.JPG
    pond.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 15
Is there such a thing as a salt/brackish pond? Something that could hold redfish? I'd assume that it is not possible, but just wondering...

My advice from the pond my dad had about that size.

1. You will need and aerator pump and sprinkler. Long hot summer days with no oxygen will take a toll on the fish.

2. Kind of late now but before the water was added would have been a great time to build a wharf.

3. It helps if you can drive a riding mower around the levee to keep the grass cut.

4. Suspend a bug zapper over the pond. The bug zapper kills the bugs. The bugs fall in the water. The fish eat the bugs.

5. Do NOT let those pond lilies/grass get out of hand.

6. See #5.

yeah I figured I would need a aerator. Ive been looking at a few options, solar, and windmill type.

I built a land dock I guess you would call it. a 20'x20' piece of land that sticks out.

levee is big enough for my tractor.

One last thing. Be careful cutting the grass on the levees with your lawn tractor. That;s how I found out how deep my pond was on the dam end.

:covri:

I almost put my brand new ATV in my dad's pond the first day I had it. I stayed off the levees after that.

yeah I figured I would need a aerator. Ive been looking at a few options, solar, and windmill type.

I built a land dock I guess you would call it. a 20'x20' piece of land that sticks out.

levee is big enough for my tractor.

I would go with solar power. Too many dog days of summer with no breeze. You just need enough power to run a smaller pump with a sprinkler attached.

Careful what you stock. And make sure you remove enough of what you stock to stop overpopulation. Better to catch and kill a few every so often than to have to kill the whole thing and start over. A few trees for shade wouldn't hurt the fish or yourself while fishing.

I am jealous. Once i find the right piece of land.....

:covri:

I almost put my brand new ATV in my dad's pond the first day I had it. I stayed off the levees after that.

A friend of mine put his lawn mower in the pond. It rolled and trapped his knee under it. HE could stretch to get his mouth out of the water to breathe. HE couldnt get it out. It started raining and his wife decided to hop on the ATV to go see if he ran out of gas. She found him and was able to get help to get him out.

We bought him a life jacket to wear while mowing.....:hihi:. Actually they were floaties and a frog innertube.

damn that guy was lucky. crazy how a simple task can turn fatal really quick.

patio006smalljp1.jpg

patio007smalloc2.jpg

patio008smallnr0.jpg

patio009smallxh9.jpg

patio010smallnu4.jpg
My god when does a pond become a lake
:worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom