anyone have a pond? check out mine, in progress (1 Viewer)

Hadn't read the whole post...but look into a program with a good pond fertilizatiion and lime treatment...

Don't let people bring minnows, etc... from the bait shop. You'll be over-run with fish that you don't want.

I was expecting a goldfish size pond thing. We had one of those. You are building a lake.

I know.

Here's mine:

kiddiepool.jpg

I think the WL&f will stock the pond for you. There may be a charge, but they will stock you with best kind of fish for your pond. It's either the WL&f or LSU, I think it's the WL&f.

WL&F will in North LA. I assume the same in SoLA.

I'm not even a fisherman and I want to go fishing now...

My God man I don't mean to be rude here, but what kind of cost is attached to building a pond that big?

My God man I don't mean to be rude here, but what kind of cost is attached to building a pond that big?

none. he takes the dirt and I get a pond. I definitely couldnt afford to do it any other way. no doubt he got the better end of the deal though.

Forgive my stupidity, but what's the purpose of having a pond this large? Is it purely aesthetic or is it literally to use in some way?

Just curious.

its on a low part of the property so it does two things, takes up property that otherwise stays wet, and also eliminates me trying to cut the wet grass with my tractor. other than that its nice to be able to get in a little boat and float around.

So i'm guessing you like mosquitoes

a true negative nancy eh? thats the 2nd time you mention the mosquitos. ive been around alot of ponds and have never noticed any more mosquitos than anywhere else.

its on a low part of the property so it does two things, takes up property that otherwise stays wet, and also eliminates me trying to cut the wet grass with my tractor. other than that its nice to be able to get in a little boat and float around.

I see. The biggest parcel of land I've ever lived on has been a lot 50 x 150, so you can understand my ignorance. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom