Anyone have an Arcade1Up machine? (1 Viewer)

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
I just got one of the Capcom Legacy cabinets:

Haven't assembled it yet, but looking forward to see how it plays. Also looking forward to the Simpsons cab they announced at E3 this year (though sounds like it might get pricey).

Anyone else out there have any of these?

That’s cool. I still have my mind made to take on one of the RaspberryPI arcades. I like the idea of using a mini fridge where the coin op guts lived in the old cabinets.

1625356454876.jpeg
That's a cool idea, might have to steal it. Would you use an original cabinet or something like an arcade1up? Looks like your pic is of an arcade1up, modding them to run RetroPie is pretty popular.

That's a cool idea, might have to steal it. Would you use an original cabinet or something like an arcade1up? Looks like your pic is of an arcade1up, modding them to run RetroPie is pretty popular.
I think that one said it was in fact a 1up. But there are tons of projects showing how to make the cabinets from scratch. RaspberryPI has plenty of dedicated forums for all kinds of projects. I have built 2 retroPi systems without cabinets.
Do the 1up machines run on retroPi?

Looks cool, I might try it. I also have a semi fantasy of building my own pinball machine - powered one with powered flippers, bumpers, targets, display, etc. like the Bally’s machines in the 90s. Those are hella expensive to buy.

I think that one said it was in fact a 1up. But there are tons of projects showing how to make the cabinets from scratch. RaspberryPI has plenty of dedicated forums for all kinds of projects. I have built 2 retroPi systems without cabinets.
Do the 1up machines run on retroPi?
No, the stock machines apparently use some repurposed old tablet PCB. There are a bunch of guides of how to swap it out for a Pi though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom