Anyone Have Any Thoughts Regarding Vonn Bell? (1 Viewer)

clintjr23

Super Bowl Bound
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've asked this in the camp thread but it appeared in the midst of the o-line debate and fell y the waste side so I'll ask here.

How has Bell been performing in camp? I've read all of the practice threads and I don't recall seeing his name mentioned once. All of the reporter tweets seem focused on the other rookies, Rankins, Thomas, Onematta, even Lasco to a degree, but never any mention of Vonn Bell.

Is he under performing? Is he just getting lost in all of the other rookie news? I'm not concerned, I'm just curious as to how he's been progressing/playing and would like to know your thoughts.

If he has been mentioned and discussed and I missed it, I apologize.

I know he was performing well at the beginning of the camp, definitely struggled at times during the preseason game

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

The first practice he intercepted Brees. I went to the first Saturday practice and he intercepted GG, wiffed on a tackle in the game that lead to a td. That's all I've seen and/or heard really.

He would've had a pick 6 Thursday, but he didn't hold on to the ball. Took a bad angle that led to a touchdown also.

He's got potential. But safety is one of those positions where if you don't have successful gambles for turnovers, get pass breakups, or lay lumber, it's easy to feel like a deep safety isn't making any plays. Sometimes a safeties coverage is why a ball isn't thrown or just dumped off to a running back.

Watching on TV won't bear that out. But watching all-22 would.

Bell was a controversial pick. Some analysts loved that pick - others hated it. For me personally, the jury is still out. If he'd caught that ball, it'd be less out.

I'm just curious as to why he isn't a focal point during practices by the reporters there tweeting like all of the other rookies are. It's like he's been forgotten.

I don't sweat it. Bell is a small issue - good, mediocre, bad - so what. What's clear is our secondary (along with the defense in general) is way -way- improved.

The first string defense "3 and out'd" the Pats offense multiple times, on the road, in Boston, against the Patriots. That wouldn't have happened last year, or the year before. Unheralded names like Crawley and Harris are kicking butt.

I'm not worried about the defense anymore. Even if they're just mediocre, that's good enough. We can win games again.

Even Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed dropped a few passes. Give the kid a break.

No. We wanted the HOF sizing him up for his bust after that New England game. He should be Canton bound in 5-6 years.

J/K

People need to relax. This is all just practice until the lights go on against Oakland.

Erik Harrisud currently beating him out for snaps at FS so if I had to guess he'll be no better than a dimeback this year. Which is good...we don't need him to be more this year but I see his greatest chance to see the field is covering the slot in some packages

I don't sweat it. Bell is a small issue - good, mediocre, bad - so what. What's clear is our secondary (along with the defense in general) is way -way- improved.

The first string defense "3 and out'd" the Pats offense multiple times, on the road, in Boston, against the Patriots. That wouldn't have happened last year, or the year before. Unheralded names like Crawley and Harris are kicking butt.

I'm not worried about the defense anymore. Even if they're just mediocre, that's good enough. We can win games again.
I've got to agree with this. Over the last couple of years, we just couldn't seem to get off the field on third and long. Go deep, and throw it at Browner. If they didn't make the completion, there would be a pretty yellow flag there instead.

We're better by subtraction, at the very least. That some of these guys are actually stepping up has me a little jazzed. I'm looking forward to Oakland.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom