Anyone have Brees's 'Cold ' Weather stats since being a Saint? (1 Viewer)

Well, West Lafayette Indiana isn't exactly a sub tropical climate...

I consider the issue more team than QB anyway. Drew’s bread and butter has always been short ball control passes and those should not be affected. When there is an issue for teams it’s generally because either they rely on the deep ball too much or they lack the ability to brute force the ball between the tackles or stop the run on D. Of those things, Murray’s health is my only concern. Yes GB has played in many more of those games but it doesn’t change the fact that they face the same obstacles. And there is no real fan advantage to being at home. So it’s really just line up and see who can beat the frozen snot out of the other guy.

Friend of mine is saying he has followed Brees's career and he struggles 'mightily' in cold weather. I gave him stats over the past 9 seasons but that was only 1 game against the Bengals. Does anyone know of a site that shows ALL of Drew's stats as a Saint when the weather was below 40 degrees? Not win/loss...but his actual stats.

Brees has way worse stats outside vs in the Dome. That’s not a myth at all.92.5 careerPR outdoors, vs 104.6 in a dome. Almost 5% lower on completion percentage. Higher spread between indoor and outdoor then almost any Qb. Brees plays significantly worse outdoors, the numbers 100% support that narrative.

I found the article he was referencing, but he didn't see that they were talking about Favre.

My apologies, I googled and that sure made it look like they were talking about Brees. Sorry.

Attachments

• 9FF37E70-A16A-4912-A403-792C33C2B3FB.png
    9FF37E70-A16A-4912-A403-792C33C2B3FB.png
    700.7 KB · Views: 0
Brees has way worse stats outside vs in the Dome. That’s not a myth at all.92.5 careerPR outdoors, vs 104.6 in a dome. Almost 5% lower on completion percentage. Higher spread between indoor and outdoor then almost any Qb. Brees plays significantly worse outdoors, the numbers 100% support that narrative.
You're missing something really important.

Just about every great QB has a somewhat significantly worse QB rating on the road vs at home.

So the key would be to separate dome vs outdoor road game stats. Then the issue with that becomes his road indoor games might be too small a sample to make a truly valid comparison.

If I had to guess, his outdoor road QB rating is roughly 92.3 while his indoor road QB rating roughly 95.0. Making the leap that he's just not a very good outdoor QB would then be rendered sketchy at best.

Last edited:
Friend of mine is saying he has followed Brees's career and he struggles 'mightily' in cold weather. I gave him stats over the past 9 seasons but that was only 1 game against the Bengals. Does anyone know of a site that shows ALL of Drew's stats as a Saint when the weather was below 40 degrees? Not win/loss...but his actual stats.
What's the temperature in the Dome today??

You're missing something really important.

Just about every great QB has a somewhat significantly worse QB rating on the road vs at home.

So the key would be to separate dome vs outdoor road game stats. Then the issue with that becomes his road indoor games might be too small a sample to make a truly valid comparison.

If I had to guess, his outdoor road QB rating is roughly 92.3 while his indoor road QB rating roughly 95.0. Making the leap that he's just not a very good outdoor QB would then be rendered sketchy at best.
Every QB besides Wilson has way better stats in domes then outdoors though. Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, all way better stats indoors despite every game indoors being on the road. That article is from a few years ago but you can look up splits on every Qb on pro football reference. Playing indoors for a higher % of games is a major boost to stats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom