Anyone have this problem with Motorola DCT6416 III DVR from cox? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I tried recording the Baltimore game since I was going to be there. Anyway when I get home and try to watch it, it only has like an hour recorded. About 20 minutes in the thing starts getting choppy and my screen freezes. It wasn't the tv, so tried turining off the box. It wouldn't do anyything so i removed the power cord and plugged it back in.

When i plugged t in, the DVR won't work (can't record shows, or pause tv or anything) and it takes literally 30 seconds to switch between stations. Sometimes the thing will freeze while trying to change channels and I'll have to pull the cord on it.

Anyone have this problem? Should I just go gt a new box?

where are you located out of??

im in baton rouge, and ive had problems with cox since may. the dvr would just decide not to record. stations were working some days and not others. after about 15 phone calls, and complaigning, we finnally got them to admit that their signal was wrong. they were trying to tell us it was our cables, or our signal. but it turns out it was cox.... they came over, did something and it works fine now...

I tried recording the Baltimore game since I was going to be there. Anyway when I get home and try to watch it, it only has like an hour recorded. About 20 minutes in the thing starts getting choppy and my screen freezes. It wasn't the tv, so tried turining off the box. It wouldn't do anyything so i removed the power cord and plugged it back in.

When i plugged t in, the DVR won't work (can't record shows, or pause tv or anything) and it takes literally 30 seconds to switch between stations. Sometimes the thing will freeze while trying to change channels and I'll have to pull the cord on it.

Anyone have this problem? Should I just go gt a new box?
Up here Cox uses the 6412 III. These things are crap and the whole 64xx series is known to have problems. This is what happens when cable companies have no real competition to worry about.

I have trouble recording saints games or other long events if the DVR is close to being full. Eliminate everything you don't need before gameday. I usually throw out my wife's Dr. Phil's and Oprah's on Saturday to get ready for Sunday's Saints recording. Then transfer to DVD before Monday. Also, when I've had trouble with choppy signal, etc. I've turned the unit off. Full powerdown and then back on. It usually resolves the issue. I'm using the HD DVR from Cox in New Orleans and have had very few problems with it. I was using a TIVO prior to the storm and actually the Motorola is a better interface.

Transfer to DVD

How do you transfer to DVD from the DVR?

Cable out from DVR to DVD Recorder; DVD Recorder out to TV. Tune DVD R to 3, play game on DVR, press record on DVD R.

dvr's record up to 60 hours of programs.... your issue sounds like there is some kind of interferance. Maybe a tiling issue ingress/egress effecting maybe the lines in the home or the drop to the house. I would have a tech come out and if the problem is indeed the box the tech will swap the box for you. If its in the lines outside the home the Trubl call is free and will be resolved if the problem is inside the wiring in the home theres a possible fee. Cox also has a service assurance plan that covers any charges associated with a truble call you may want to inquire about

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom