Anyone here done the driving experience at NOLA Motorsports? (1 Viewer)

Here is the car I drove
c20f58dbd33a3cc56e252e6842cfdaac.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Here is the Ferrari
fe50c5f7998e8356e37f6016feb0a7e5.jpg

Cockpit of the Lamborghini
d4decaa5bb9f121d330e4b3df7fed7e0.jpg

Well color me extremely jealous. Awesome, dude!

Is that an Aventador?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well color me extremely jealous. Awesome, dude!

Is that an Aventador?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
It's the 458. Not the Aventandor.

It's a beast.

One other thing I didn't add in previous post. Braking.

It takes about 2 laps for you to "trust" the braking system. Your mind immediately reverts to what you know...your car. What you quickly find out is the braking system in these cars are LIGHT YEARS ahead of what you are accustomed to. They mark the track with signs :
LIFT (take foot off gas)
BRAKE 5,4,3,2and1
TURN

so it's set up for you. But when you see WHERE THE turn signs are, your mind says NO WAY.
Off that straight ...you go from 140-150 to 70-80 in under 150 feet. There is no shimmy, no nothing...just pure braking. Then you GO INTO THE turn at 80 and you just have to trust the car. And it does it. So very well. You hold your breath but then realize it's freaking built for this.

You don't brake into turn because of traction issues and warping the rotors. So you have to trust the car. Takes 1-2 laps to do that, but once you trust the car, you open her up, you get the full experience of doing 140+.

My buddy in the Ferrari hit 157 on the straight. And he said he got scared and lifted early and his instructor said he easily could have hit 170 and still made braking and turn in time.

I did same when mine called out 155...I lifted because I got nervous lolol.
On my final lap I went thru the S turns at 80 and it was unreal. G-forces were felt.

I highly recommend and will be doing again now that I know what these cars can do.

Oh and if you want you can ride with your instructor (he drives) and you DRIFT THRU THE S TURNS AT UP TO 90MPH. (They are pros) I'm like nah I'm good. Lol

So gave my dad and brother an early xmas gift and took them today. Man, that was a blast. Worth every penny. Drove the Ferrari for a few laps then took out the Porsche GT3. That Ferrari is so sweet but the GT3 is just as fast, handles so much better, brakes faster and just feels better. Instructors were great and will be heading back.

I'm jealous, the whole thing sounds like fun. My racing experience is limited to borrowing a set of leathers and running my Kawasaki 750 Turbo down the 1/4 mile back in the day (10.9 @ 125), and some informal but fun street passes with my 383 stroker 1982 S-10. It turned 11.9 after I sold it. All the guy did was put a set of Weld's with M/T drag slicks on it.

I'd like to try the Rusty Wallace experience at Dover Downs. It's only 90 mins away and friends of mine who've tried it said it's great.

https://racewithrusty.com/project/dover-international-speedway/

I'm jealous, the whole thing sounds like fun. My racing experience is limited to borrowing a set of leathers and running my Kawasaki 750 Turbo down the 1/4 mile back in the day (10.9 @ 125), and some informal but fun street passes with my 383 stroker 1982 S-10. It turned 11.9 after I sold it. All the guy did was put a set of Weld's with M/T drag slicks on it.

I'd like to try the Rusty Wallace experience at Dover Downs. It's only 90 mins away and friends of mine who've tried it said it's great.

https://racewithrusty.com/project/dover-international-speedway/

The guys at Nola are at a fixed location year round but they have another group that tours around. Really solid people in that outfit. Check it out their webpage and see if they come near you.

The guys at Nola are at a fixed location year round but they have another group that tours around. Really solid people in that outfit. Check it out their webpage and see if they come near you.
Whether your style is drag, road, or oval, all racing is good! :9:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out :)

I definitely need to try this. Price? Did you do the $280 package or something. Is it like a roller coaster or skydiving, over before you know it, haha

I did the 3 lap track package for the Ferrari and they let me take the Porsche GT3 for the add on lap for $69.

So gave my dad and brother an early xmas gift and took them today. Man, that was a blast. Worth every penny. Drove the Ferrari for a few laps then took out the Porsche GT3. That Ferrari is so sweet but the GT3 is just as fast, handles so much better, brakes faster and just feels better. Instructors were great and will be heading back.

did the dad and brother enjoy the experience?

Ahhh yes! So u got in the GT3.

The experience is nothing short of exhilarating.

Did your dad choose the Nissan GTR? ( most older guys do due to the cars tech that will help with over/understeer)

I do wish they would give you more laps but I think you get 4 for a reason lolol

All 3 of us drove the Ferrari and GT3. My dad is 70 but all 3 of us driving comes pretty natural and the cars and track was not too much for us. All 3 of us hit 160+ in the straight. My dad actually hit the fastest top speed of 163. I had the fastest lap at 1:31.19, my dad had the slowest at 1:35.55. He was fast but wasnt very smooth. I will post my lap up later today so you can get the idea. Ask for Alex, he really pushes you to go faster and teaches. He really wants you to drive as hard as you can within your capabilities.

Yes, I'd love to spend an hour or more running those cars but it is expensive for them to operate supercars being driven hard on the track all the time so you get what you pay for.

For costs, they have a wide range of packages but the best value is the 4 lap track package it's $399 but you can get coupon code from the website or buy a groupon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom