Anyone Here Misplace a 137 Year Old Winchester Rifle? (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score

It was found 5 years ago, but I’d never heard this story. Maybe Rick from Pawn Stars planted it there? Kidding, but a mysterious and interesting story nonetheless.

isnt it amazing how the rifle just leaned there for all those years and no one noticed...of course no one knows if it leaned for 137 years or 37 years...

isnt it amazing how the rifle just leaned there for all those years and no one noticed...of course no one knows if it leaned for 137 years or 37 years...

That was my question also. Hard to believe that a rifle could be propped up against a tree for 100+ years with out a storm, animal, or tree growth/ground erosion causing it to fall.

That was my question also. Hard to believe that a rifle could be propped up against a tree for 100+ years with out a storm, animal, or tree growth/ground erosion causing it to fall.
Even harder to understand why whomever left it there didn’t go back to get it, or claim it once this story came out, unless they perished.

Ok guys.

The national park they are talking about I have been there. Not much by the way of rain fall or storms. Most of the moisture is snow melt.

The prop up against a tree is not really how you are thinking.

That article has an as found picture. It is kinda laying on the ground.

Cool place to go if you are ever around there.

I have a 101YO US Army .45 and a 92YO Mauser for which I know the provenance. Does that count?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom