Anyone here use Rackspace for email hosting? (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have been out of service since 12/2. No eta on return to service. our entire organization email is down since then

a mess.

Well its all water under bridge now.

We finally ( after 2 weeks ) have been migrated to 365. So we now can have folks email our old email address without receiving " this email does not exist" notification. Its now forwarded to our personal email. ( which as of this am, is happening )

As for my Outlook inbox/folders - gone. Everything from 12/2 and past, gone. They say that at some point in the future we will get, but there is no guarantee. Keep in mind that 90% of my work is done thru email. So i had folders, sub folders and an inbox that went back 3-4 years ( we have to keep records for 36 mo - legally )

ALL GONE.

I gotta tell you that is is quite unsettling to know that every piece of correspondence you had saved up til 12/1 is now POOF - simply vanished and cannot be retrieved.

No, but many years ago I came across a forum about email and email services etc. Maybe someone there knows something about it https://www.emaildiscussions.com/

it was a Ransomware attack forcing Rackspace to literally shut down all their data centers- globally.

3.6B company reduced to nothing in a matter of a day. Class action suits are flying.

Well its all water under bridge now.

We finally ( after 2 weeks ) have been migrated to 365. So we now can have folks email our old email address without receiving " this email does not exist" notification. Its now forwarded to our personal email. ( which as of this am, is happening )

As for my Outlook inbox/folders - gone. Everything from 12/2 and past, gone. They say that at some point in the future we will get, but there is no guarantee. Keep in mind that 90% of my work is done thru email. So i had folders, sub folders and an inbox that went back 3-4 years ( we have to keep records for 36 mo - legally )

ALL GONE.

I gotta tell you that is is quite unsettling to know that every piece of correspondence you had saved up til 12/1 is now POOF - simply vanished and cannot be retrieved.
I bet you cried! A few years back, I had to get a new work laptop, I had migrated all my data which was mostly already in the cloud but for my archived outlook emails, 4 years worth of emails and I am the type of person who is archiving them on the daily and I did not have these set for one drive storage due to the size. I get a phone call from one of the directors who didn’t want to talk work but just to shoot the bull. She was yapping away and I was paying half attention to her and what I was doing and that’s when I hit delete not watching what file I just deleted, the size warning that you get when it’s too big for the recycle bin. It was my archived .pst files, I wanted to cry for a whole week until I just accepted that it is what it is, as a PM for a software company, I lost all the work around knowledge, how to’s, personal forms, countless client correspondence, I wanted to die. I told my boss what had happened and she said ummm you might not want to say anything, policy is that we can’t archive, we have to keep it all within outlook 365 or it’s a fireable offense. Which made me more angrier because the retention policy for that is only 3 years.

I feel your pain!

I bet you cried! A few years back, I had to get a new work laptop, I had migrated all my data which was mostly already in the cloud but for my archived outlook emails, 4 years worth of emails and I am the type of person who is archiving them on the daily and I did not have these set for one drive storage due to the size. I get a phone call from one of the directors who didn’t want to talk work but just to shoot the bull. She was yapping away and I was paying half attention to her and what I was doing and that’s when I hit delete not watching what file I just deleted, the size warning that you get when it’s too big for the recycle bin. It was my archived .pst files, I wanted to cry for a whole week until I just accepted that it is what it is, as a PM for a software company, I lost all the work around knowledge, how to’s, personal forms, countless client correspondence, I wanted to die. I told my boss what had happened and she said ummm you might not want to say anything, policy is that we can’t archive, we have to keep it all within outlook 365 or it’s a fireable offense. Which made me more angrier because the retention policy for that is only 3 years.

I feel your pain!

its so unsettling.

my archive is for legal purposes.

If i were to get a request for documents ( email correspondence ) i cant comply. They are simply gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom