Anyone in NOLA area hear the mystery BOOMS? (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have and can say this much.

Heard it once in the middle of an afternoon. It was so loud and so vast in nature, that we could not remotely guess where it originated from. Typically, with any type of loud noise (gun shot, firecrackers, an explosion from a catastrophic event), you can tell generally the direction and the point of origin and react accordingly, if need be. In this case, there was simply no way to determine where to run, hide or direction to head. It was ground rumbling (rolling). I have been around a lot of loud sounds, including explosions. But this sound was very deep. It was the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed or experienced. It was not only me, but my son and tons of others that were playing golf and walking, on a Sunday afternoon at Audubon park. Never gave it much thought when we did not hear any emergency vehicle sirens...etc. Crickets; until it hit the local news last night. Then we knew we heard the same sound many others have been hearing. And this has been happening across the world. The descriptions people have, all match. It is crazy, whatever the heck it is.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Put in something like “loud boom” and see if there is a lot of recent traffic about that topic (which there was)
It’s usually more useful for that kind of stuff than google searches (which will mostly do news stories) or Twitter (which one probably hasn’t curated to pick up that kind of info)

Reaction score
Someone needs to slow down that surveillance video and see if there was something in that flash of light.

Oh and if ya see one of these, don't wait run...

images.jpeg

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
First thing that came to my mind watch that is a static discharge. Maybe at the rail tracks? I know it said no train in the area but wouldn't necessarily have to be one right there for static build up to discharge. Maybe the rails aren't being grounded properly.

Brees4prez

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been seeing comments of some people confident that it’s tannerite.

airal20

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Don't think it would be tannerite because typically the only way to make the mixture explode is with a high velocity bullet or object. An explosion can not be create by flame or electricity. So you would hear two loud noises. The gun and the explosion.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom