Anyone in NOLA area hear the mystery BOOMS? (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I have and can say this much.

Heard it once in the middle of an afternoon. It was so loud and so vast in nature, that we could not remotely guess where it originated from. Typically, with any type of loud noise (gun shot, firecrackers, an explosion from a catastrophic event), you can tell generally the direction and the point of origin and react accordingly, if need be. In this case, there was simply no way to determine where to run, hide or direction to head. It was ground rumbling (rolling). I have been around a lot of loud sounds, including explosions. But this sound was very deep. It was the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed or experienced. It was not only me, but my son and tons of others that were playing golf and walking, on a Sunday afternoon at Audubon park. Never gave it much thought when we did not hear any emergency vehicle sirens...etc. Crickets; until it hit the local news last night. Then we knew we heard the same sound many others have been hearing. And this has been happening across the world. The descriptions people have, all match. It is crazy, whatever the heck it is.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I briefly had the urge to look it up, but them came to my senses worrying that I might be successful.
Indeed, that's the same path of thought that I travelled before having the idea to tempt some unwitting soul into looking them up, announcing their discovery here and possibly saving me the heartache of seeing the ramifications that time and the trappings of short term fame can have on flexible, fertile ingenues.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Havent heard it but my 2 guesses are:

1) sonic boom from a fighter based out of Belle Chasse NAS

2) an empty container dropping on the wharf - that gets loud

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If tannerite, there’ll have to be a gunshot associated with it.
Also, it was clear where that explosion was on the home security cam. Why didn’t they just go over there to investigate?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If tannerite, there’ll have to be a gunshot associated with it.
Also, it was clear where that explosion was on the home security cam. Why didn’t they just go over there to investigate?
i saw that the video showed reflections of the flash not necessarily the source

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed, that's the same path of thought that I travelled before having the idea to tempt some unwitting soul into looking them up, announcing their discovery here and possibly saving me the heartache of seeing the ramifications that time and the trappings of short term fame can have on flexible, fertile ingenues.
cowards

1549563672148.png

AsaPW

How's ya momma an dem?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm in Austin and I heard one last night. Didn't think much of it.

Reaction score
This is just my guess, but I think the U.S. is testing secret missile defense weapons. There are many conflicts all over the globe and the U.S. has been in constant state of war, since about 2001. The U.S. has Russia pretty much surrounded with military personal, so this may be a precursor for a new technological war.

I hear rumors that an E.M.P. (Electromagnetic Pulse) strike could happen in the U.S., so this could be a warning for Americans. Who knows?

Back in 2010, there was reports of a mystery missile that was seen off the coast of California, no confirmation on what it was exactly. Some speculated it was a missile launched from a Chinese Submarine, others say, it was just a jet with contrails.

President Donald Trump in the State of the Union Address, did mention breaking an nuclear peace treaty with Russia.

https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-new-nuclear-weapons/4719423.html

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
This is just my guess, but I think the U.S. is testing secret missile defense weapons....
Right.. from a guy named "sonicboom". We see what you are doing trying to throw everyone off of you as a suspect saying its the government. I'm keeping my eye on you...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom