Anyone in NOLA area hear the mystery BOOMS? (1 Viewer)

This is just my guess, but I think the U.S. is testing secret missile defense weapons....

Right.. from a guy named "sonicboom". We see what you are doing trying to throw everyone off of you as a suspect saying its the government. I'm keeping my eye on you...

Last edited:
Havent heard it but my 2 guesses are:

1) sonic boom from a fighter based out of Belle Chasse NAS

2) an empty container dropping on the wharf - that gets loud

We live in the bywater and it happens semi-often. I've been saying for a while that it is tied to sonic boom of fighter planes. It will legit shake every window in our house.

Used to get something similar in Seattle fairly often, turns out it was those little transformer boxes blowing up from being overloaded.

In Los Angeles it was Army training exercises. Could've maybe been doing the same thing in cities throughout the country?

The noises were part of a U.S. Army training exercise involving aircraft and weapon simulations in urban settings. The training is set to run through Saturday in Los Angeles and Long Beach.

“Residents may hear sounds associated with the training,” the LAPD said in a news release. “Each location selected enables special operations teams and flight crews to maintain maximum readiness and proficiency, validate equipment and exercise standard safety procedures. The training is essential to ensure service members are fully trained and prepared to defend our nation overseas.”

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-army-training-20190204-story.html

I used to live by a train yard. Booms were pretty common. Either they were connecting the train cars, or a train had an engine backfire.

The reusable RS-25 rocket engines from the Space Shuttle Program are being repurposed for use on the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket for Moon/Mars missions.
Those engines are being taken out of storage, refurbished and test fired on a regular basis at NASA's Stennis Space Center, roughly 40 miles east of New Orleans.
I've attended a test. There's a boom when they light it off. After that, it's like standing at the end of a runway listening to a 747 taking off for 15 solid minutes!

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/stennis/rs-25/index.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom