Anyone just see TCU and Max Duggan? (Potential QB talk) (1 Viewer)

Fiyo

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I didn't know about this kid but he just led the Horned Frogs to a comeback walk-off win over Baylor to remain undefeated. He's on my radar now. Some of the awards he's up for:
  • Semifinalist – Maxwell Award – presented to the Collegiate Player of the Year
  • Finalist – Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award – presented to the top senior or upperclassman quarterback based on performance on and off the field
  • Semifinalist – Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award – presented to the nation’s best quarterback (and named after TCU’s 1938 Heisman Trophy winner who guided the Horned Frogs to a national championship that season)
  • Semifinalist – Walter Camp Football Foundation’s Player of the Year Award – the nation’s fourth-oldest college football award.

Looks as though I picked a bad time to put my laundry away. Missed the end.

Edit: turns out I left the TV on, so I could rewind it. :D That was one of the craziest endings I've ever witnessed. Under 2:00, Baylor up 28-26. TCU has used up their time outs; they kick the ball deep instead of onside. Baylor goes 3 and out. TCU gets a couple of first downs and gets deep enough. Then they start running the ball, and I'm thinking their play calling makes no sense. Under 10 seconds left and no timeouts left. The offense runs off the field WHILE the FG team runs on. The kicker has no time to measure his steps. FG good. TCU wins 29-28.

Duggan is impressive, very cool and calm under pressure. TCU Dan must be ecstatic.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Max Dugan Returns
Does that count?

(I actually did see the end of the game but opted to shot out a little known but very good movie)
Underrated film. And it showed what a good hitting coach Charlie Lau was. He made Matthew Broderick look like he could really hit a baseball in that movie.

If you can get Anthony Richardson in the 2nd, he’s the guy.

Elite physical tools across the board doesn’t even begin to describe him.
Very coachable, likeable teammate.
It’s all decision making, and throwing at odd angles…..thinking he can make anything a play. We’ll coach that out of him.
When his feet are set, his ball is ridiculous.

Gators having a so-so year with literally no impressive WR and TE might only help him slide to round 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom