Anyone kayak fish? (1 Viewer)

You can push the fins up against the boat and lock in place with a bungee inside.... or you can just take them out.

We plan on fishing PAC soon. I will be moving to Bourg next year so that will be my new fishing area.
Awesome. The marsh is in a sad state down there. But there still plenty to fish. It's just that there's open water going to isle de Jean Charles. It wasn't always like that.

Ha-ha. My wife is totally on board now. :)

But ill need an option that is tandem while still performing solo well.

Get you one
Get her one

Lol.
We live in the city. Storage is at a premium. I have a shed that can handle one. But we have an extra bedroom that can hoist both....hmmmm....

I think the tandem is going to be more of an easy sell to her. She will come 1 out of 10 times. But the 1 time is what facilitates the wife acceptance factor.

I hear ya. I think the Louisiana Sportsman Show in Gonzales will have a few stores present. I know the Bayou Coast Kayak Fishing Club will have a spot out there.

Any recommendations for a tandem shorter than 14ft?

TBH, since I went Hobie, I don't know what would be a good alternative.

Head over to Masseys on Carrolton and talk to the guys out there. They will be very helpful. I think they also have demo days.

Well after talking to the wife, we have decided a single is best after all. Also, my shed is actually 12 feet, so that's a limiting factor as well.

I'm looking at the ocean kayak Trident 11, the feel free 11.5 and the Jackson coosa.

Any thoughts?

Well I was thinking of rigging up a trolling motor. Do you use one in addition to the pedals?

I don't.

You're supposed to register it if you put a motor on it... not interested in that.

I don't.

You're supposed to register it if you put a motor on it... not interested in that.
But you don't have problems getting to where you're going without it? My bud and I were going no where in his boat without that motor given the wind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom