Anyone know what Mike Detillier had to say about our first pick? (1 Viewer)

Haven't heard anything since the pick. At the time of his book, he was not very high on him. He mocked him as a 4th rounder.

I didn't hear his take... But I am going to go out on a limb and say he response was something along the lines of : "Man! Dats one big dude rite dere!"

"Man we had an old saying growing up on the bayou, 'You can't catch a gator with rice in your ears', And I guarantee you Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis are learning that the hard way right now."

Last edited:
He hated it. Thought he should have dominated the 3 seasons he started. He pretty much disregarded his 5 sacks in 5 games this season and his transition from DT to DE. Focused heavily on his lack of sacks.
That's kind of short sighted by Mike. Not factoring in that the guy was miscast as a DT for two years is exactly why his production wasn't as good as it could have been.

Drop 20lbs off your frame and imagine how much more explosive you'll be.

He hated it. Thought he should have dominated the 3 seasons he started. He pretty much disregarded his 5 sacks in 5 games this season and his transition from DT to DE. Focused heavily on his lack of sacks.
10.5 TFL and 5 Sacks in 5 games after moving from DT seems pretty noteworthy.

He also had 67 pressures in his career, presumably with a lot of those coming on the interior.

The thing that stood out for me when Mike and Bobby interviewed him was when he said afterward "you know what stood out for me in talking with him (just now)? Even he didn't think he was a first round pick."

... what he said
Raised legit questions about why his production is/was low but also disregarded a legit explanation. Extrapolate his numbers from last year across a full schedule and your looking at 20 TFL and 13 sacks.

1st round production

another important point is that there are never 32 1st round prospects. Sometime it’s 15 sometimes it’s fewer but picking at 28 usually means you’re getting 2nd round prospects anyhow.

In other words everyone left likely had a 2nd round grade unless your the Saints who saw him as having 1st round traits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom