Anyone know why Devery Hendersen didn't play? (1 Viewer)

There is a Left Wideout and a Right Wideout, so if Henderson is Colston's backup, he could technically be the 3rd WR, but because Joe went down and Copper is Joe's back-up, Copper started even though he may technically be the 4th. If that makes sense?

oh b/c you said this

"If he is number 3 then he would have been starting when Horn went down. That is how a depth chart works, when number 1 goes down, 2 moves to one, 3 to 2, 4 to 3 ext... Colston and Copper were startes and DH was the 3rd WR. He is the 4th WR on the team."

which i think is incorrect and is focussing on technacalities rather than reality

Not really. He is the number 4 reciever. In some sets hes the 2nd or 3rd. Right now hes the 3rd because horn is out.

All hes trying to say is the reason Henderson didnt' move up to the 2nd reciever is because hes the 4th reciever not the 3rd.

In 3 wide sets when horn plays its usually copper or bush as the 3rd WR not henderson. We run alot of 4 and 5 wide sets on 3rd down so thats why it seems like henderson plays alot and is the 3rd reciever.

Henderson isn't the 3rd reciever no matter who is the number 2...thats just not true. Hes the 4th who gets in there on our spread packages. Last week we were 4 or 5 wide on both his TD passes.

Well, if you read my other post I was saying that Copper was also listed as the starter last week and I thought that Henderson wasn't moved up from the #3 spot because he serves a specific role in that position which Payton did not want to change. The press conference quotes from Payton today pretty much confirms that.

i agree with you. I honestly didnt know what you meant

i think if payton wanted a deep post off of play action and there were two wr's henderson might be in there. Y argue about the depth chart. While we are at it why don't yall break down the te depth chart for me as it seems that they change it up all the time???? If things follow your chronological order then billy miller is number 1? where is campbell?

do you here a bell dupre'? i think the te thing did it

The reality is that Henderson is a role player. I would seriously doubt that is Colston went down then Henderson would start. I could be wrong, but I think Copper or even Jones might start just because Henderson is role player and not a very polished WR.

i think if payton wanted a deep post off of play action and there were two wr's henderson might be in there. Y argue about the depth chart. While we are at it why don't yall break down the te depth chart for me as it seems that they change it up all the time???? If things follow your chronological order then billy miller is number 1? where is campbell?

I'm still trying to figure out why you're getting so worked up about it. When I figure that out I'll tackle the TE depth chart. ;)

i don't know, i feel the need to defend DH. I see your name is rajncajun which makes me think you are from Lafayette (as i am btw) which would mean you are probably a ULL fan, which also proabably means you hate LSU and therefore would like to see DH do poorly. I could be wrong but that's what i assumed

i don't know, i feel the need to defend DH. I see your name is rajncajun which makes me think you are from Lafayette (as i am btw) which would mean you are probably a ULL fan, which also proabably means you hate LSU and therefore would like to see DH do poorly. I could be wrong but that's what i assumed

I don't think anyone was attacking DH, but your homerism is noted. Believe it or not, most folks don't take their college allegiance into following of a pro team. I am an Auburn fan, I will admit, I had a little man crush on Harper, and he played at Alabama. As soon as he was drafted, I liked him.

I honestly don't think DH needed to be defended here. I don't think anyone was bashing him, just wondering where he was. As for my name, I adopted it playing fantasy football. I'm actually from Biloxi, but I am definately a coonass & I have a lot of family in South LA. It kinda fits my demeanor as well. However, I do still hate LSU...but as a whole. The individuals that play there are just ignorant of the fact that the school sux. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom