Anyone know why Spiller did not play (1 Viewer)

But CJ is a religious man of faith, extremely. I can't see him doing something so egregious to be in the doghouse. There were reports last year, that he didn't get the playbook down, but I'm sure that he would have corrected that by now?!?!

But CJ is a religious man of faith, extremely. I can't see him doing something so egregious to be in the doghouse. There were reports last year, that he didn't get the playbook down, but I'm sure that he would have corrected that by now?!?!

There is no way someone who's been playing football their entire life and has been as good as he was before coming here does not have the capacity to pick up a playbook after two full off seasons. There is no way that is the reason he was inactive. Someone said they saw him looking like he disagreed with play calling on the sidelines in the preseason...Don't know how much sense that would make since the preseason is so vanilla, but he may have had a bad attitude that was being put in check by being inactive. We won't know until he's either active or not this week what's going on with him.

If he's inactive this week, I think we're looking to trade him.

You need to have Spiller at least returning kickoffs. Not sure he does punts but he is better than Murphy and that is a fact.

There is no way someone who's been playing football their entire life and has been as good as he was before coming here does not have the capacity to pick up a playbook after two full off seasons. There is no way that is the reason he was inactive. Someone said they saw him looking like he disagreed with play calling on the sidelines in the preseason...Don't know how much sense that would make since the preseason is so vanilla, but he may have had a bad attitude that was being put in check by being inactive. We won't know until he's either active or not this week what's going on with him.

If he's inactive this week, I think we're looking to trade him.
This is almost certainly related to some kind of attitude or behavior issue and associated p contest with the HC.

Nothing else makes sense.

I'm just speculating here. Isn't Cadet known for being versatile enough to line up at the receiver position? Maybe they felt they had an opportunity to use that somehow and we just didn't get to see it based on the defense? I think it's weird that Spiller didn't play as well. I'm just trying to think of any possible, non political reason why they chose Cadet instead.

I'm hoping we forget Spiller, Cadet, and leave Ingram in the game for more than half the snaps.

For me it's more about how Spiller was inactive and Murphy was active, and has little to do with Cadet. Cadet can return kicks and play a role on offense. Murphy only returns kicks (and not very well) and has shown a tendency towards fumbling. Spiller is without a doubt a better KR than Murphy. Spiller can play a big role on offense, and Spiller or Byrd or Cadet can return punts

Our local sports station ESPN 97.7 was interviewing somebody who covers the team. I forget his name but he said that he's been told that Spiller simply isn't very good but the team doesn't want to cut him due to cap implications. At first I thought that was absurd but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. We keep looking for reasons as to why Spiller hasn't worked out but it might just come down to him not being that great.

Well he looked pretty good in preseason and very good in Buffalo. So someone is not being truthful.

Our local sports station ESPN 97.7 was interviewing somebody who covers the team. I forget his name but he said that he's been told that Spiller simply isn't very good but the team doesn't want to cut him due to cap implications. At first I thought that was absurd but the more I thought about it the more sense it made. We keep looking for reasons as to why Spiller hasn't worked out but it might just come down to him not being that great.

In the preseason, even SP was talking about Spiller's speed was back. Spiller said The Thriller was back.

If he was healthy, he should have been on the field. Something else is going on there.

I have a hard time believing someone who ran for 1200 yards at 6 yards a carry with an additional 43 receptions for 450 yards isn't very good.

I have a much easier time believing the Saints aren't very good at tailoring their gameplan to fit a player's skillsets. They seem to be very rigid, and if a player comes in that doesn't fit their desired mold, they are simply left to founder until they can cut them.

I have a hard time believing someone who ran for 1200 yards at 6 yards a carry with an additional 43 receptions for 450 yards isn't very good.

I have a much easier time believing the Saints aren't very good at tailoring their gameplan to fit a player's skillsets. They seem to be very rigid, and if a player comes in that doesn't fit their desired mold, they are simply left to founder until they can cut them.

I was thinking the same thing. Spiller is known as being a dynamic, explosive RB but maybe his game doesn't match his hype? He did have a very good season in 2012 but aside from that his numbers are a little underwhelming. He's had two seasons with over a thousand yards from scrimmage. He's played in 83 games and has 20 total TDs rushing & receiving. Compare that to Mark Ingram. He also has two seasons with over a thousand yards from scrimmage. Ingram has 26 TDs in 63 games.

CJ is on my fantasy team. Should I cut him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom