Anyone live in Tennessee? (1 Viewer)

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Where abouts? I am considering a move and Tennessee is on area I have been looking at. Western Tennessee I have been looking at areas real estate and job markets so far.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lived in Nashville for 4 years before moving. Greatest city in America. Not western, though.

OP
DomePatrol2005

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Seems everyone is more east. We would need to be by a hospital or some surgery centers my wife is a nurse. Not sure if anyone is in the medical field. I, myself, an in the IT field.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seems everyone is more east. We would need to be by a hospital or some surgery centers my wife is a nurse. Not sure if anyone is in the medical field. I, myself, an in the IT field.
You don't get more medical than Nashville. There are more hospitals than needed in that area (my wife and I are both medical). Check out Murfreesboro 40 min south of Nashville. It also has a huge medical center.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep. Clarksville here. We like it. Look at the Sango area.
Clarksville is an awesome area and nice if you like visiting Nashville but not living in it.

I don't live in Tennessee, but i've spent plenty of time in Nashville, ChattiVegas, Knoxville, Gatlinburg and Memphis. If I moved to TN, it would probably be to around the clarksville/nashville area.

There's always the great smokey area, but that's way too touristy for my taste. Nice to visit but wouldn't live there.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was about to mention the two of you to the OP but you both already chimed in. We miss you in chat, FCS.

OP
DomePatrol2005

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was looking in the Jackson area first. Saw brand new 4 bedrooms for 180,000. The Clarksville area looks nice, do they have good medical facilities around there. 1 hr to Nashville is a bit of a commute for a 12 hr shift nurse. This Nashville area may be a better idea, I was just in love with the idea of being by Memphis. I will continue my research. Every bit helps though thank you. We just need to get out of new Jersey.

OP
DomePatrol2005

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Any warnings on flood areas around Nashville? I see shelbyville homes seem raised

GeauxSainz

Krewe of SaintsChat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was looking in the Jackson area first. Saw brand new 4 bedrooms for 180,000. The Clarksville area looks nice, do they have good medical facilities around there. 1 hr to Nashville is a bit of a commute for a 12 hr shift nurse. This Nashville area may be a better idea, I was just in love with the idea of being by Memphis. I will continue my research. Every bit helps though thank you. We just need to get out of new Jersey.
I cannot stand Memphis and avoid it like the plague. Just me though.

Any warnings on flood areas around Nashville? I see shelbyville homes seem raised
Well, we had a hellacious flood back in 2010 I think that submerged a lot over by Opry Mills. A 500 year type thing I guess. I'd just ask around and see where the water level got then.

If you wanted rural but still close enough to drive...you might look into the Ashland City or Springfield area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom