Anyone living in Chicago? Area around Columbia College (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, my son is a musician, and wants to go to Columbia College.
Obviously, the concern is the number of shootings in Chicago. So, to the point, I'd like to hear from people living in Chicago, how safe is the area around Columbia College? Are there many shootings in that area?

Besides its reputation as an Arts school, the only thing I know about Columbia College is that it is located in "the south of Downtown Chicago, not to be confused with the Southside" (as someone put it).

So if anyone could give me some info... I understand Chicago is a big city and any big city has crime; I just want to get a feeling from someone local as to how's the gun violence situation around Columbia College.

Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com

You can zoom in on the map.

It looks like one straight east on lake shore drive but that neighborhood looks clean though I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Columbia college is West by Northwest of the aquarium. On this map the aquarium is an odd shaped bit of "land" off of Lake Shore Drive by tbe Lake. Look for McFetridge. Beautiful area. I envy him.

No need to have any worry about that area at all. I mean you need all the usual caveats, but there should be no concern over that area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom