Anyone see the Movie Sunshine? Man's face flashed on the screen (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was watching the movie sunshine when all of a sudden for a brief second what looked like a man's face flashed on the screen, then went right back to the movie. It is the strangest thing. This was obviously on DVD. So i took and kept pausing and un-pausing the player, then sure enough it stopped on the below picture. Anyone else happen to catch this, or am I the only person to ever watch this movie:hihi:

If you have the movie, go to Scene Selections(9-12), Icarus I is the name of the scene. If you fast forward to just as they dock with the other ship and the doors start to open. Thats when it happens.

Really weird though. It looks like he was on a Hawaiian vacation and had his picture taken. Talk about a bad editing job.:covri:

Attachments

• Weird-Picture-from-Sunshine.jpg
    Weird-Picture-from-Sunshine.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 15
Apparently this is part of a picture of the crew members of the Icarus 1, the ship in this movie. It actually happens again later in the movie. I wonder if this was intentional...I don't see what it adds to the movie though.

I did a search and found some discussion of this on imdb.com, and they seem to believe it was on purpose.....now, what purpose that is, I don't know....its just weird. :D

Yes, this is Sunshine, the film about traveling INTO the sun, directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, The Beach, 28 Days Later). I believe the idea is that as you get closer to the sun, electromagnetic bursts from the intense heat warp the space-time continuum and make you, among other things, hallucinate and believe you are having a tete-a-tete with God.

tyler durden has been doing this for years

I actually saw this in the theatre and I do remember a weird screen flash then as well.

I thought it was pretty good myself. I like the idea of man doing what needs to be done to keep Sol pumping us with heat. The human capacity for inginuity is what will give us a leg up on any alien civilizations we encounter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom