Anyone still concerned about Bree's shoulder and arm strength? (1 Viewer)

It's a good mix of the miracles of modern medicine, and also his determination to succeed and win. Dude is a winner, straight up, and watching him play in a Saints uniform is a great confidence booster for me. I never hold my breath when he has the ball in his hands. :9:

Ill take accuracy over a rocket arm but devrey had to wait on the ball on that 1st td againt the bucs

yeah, i noticed that. i think it was just because brees new he could under throw him a little and be fine. he didn't want to overthrow him and lose 7 points. just my opinion though.

I still need to see him scramble to his left and throw a 60 yard backside post before I am truly convinced.... LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Ill take accuracy over a rocket arm but devrey had to wait on the ball on that 1st td againt the bucs

Yeah, but not on the second one. Anyway, I still wonder how he got so wide open on that first td. I mean, dude was just sitting there waiting, by himself. Love it.

I need to apologize to Brees and everyone else for having doubts and saying Brees was a bad pick up. I won't lie, in preseason and the first couple of games I thought that Brees' injury was still bothering him and he would never recover and the Saints would be in the hole with him and we'd be looking for another QB. Boy have I been wrong. But I will happily eat my crow with a monstrous smile and say "Sorry I was wrong."

Geaux Saints!!!

It wasnt that big a gamble when you consider the contract structure. It was essentially a One Year tryout contract with an option for 5 more.

Exactly! A brilliant contract and very underrated move by Mickey Loomis. I hate to admit it, but that is the kind of thing the GREAT GM's do.

Considering the focus on our RBs, the deep routes have always been there. Colston can reach over acclaimed CBs. Devery can burn others. Horn can weasel his way into zone holes. Looking deep should bring the O to new heights, and Brees is just the QB we need loosening Ds up enough to allow Bush to gain confidence.

Perhaps we should be passing to set up the run. Worked for the Giants, Colts, Rams, Pats & Bengals. Even the Lions & Texans have adopted this plan, it seems.

I haven't seen this much pump fakes in a long time. He's using the pump fake very effectively. That, and the play actionhas proven very fruitful. We could possibly put in a few delayed handoff's. Once the OL has everyone accounted for, gently snuggle the ball into Duece/Reggie's 6 pack abs. That could produce some nice runs especially if the DB's and other coverage players are lured out of the running lanes.

I will tell you one thing; it is sure nice to have what many consider a top 5 QB playing for us. Another thing is I love that he is able to hit our receivers in stride on the deep pass.

What's even more interesting is the fact that Brees is in the top 5 in almost every category.

Comps - #2 (186)
Atts - #4 (284)
% - #3 (65.5%) BTW (Rivers #2)
YDS - #4 (2206)
YPA - #5 (7.77)
Long - #3 (86)
TD - #4 (14)
INT - #17 (7)
Sacks - #3 (8) 8 sacks in 8 games. WOW!!!!!
QB Rating - #6 (95.2) BTW (Rivers #5 96.7)

I like dem numbers.

So, will they pick up the option years? :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom