Saints Anyone think anyone else calls Drew Brees, Andrew? (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Was looking "stuff" up and while checking "net worth" noticed that Our "Drew"s full name is Andrew Christopher Brees. Just wondered if he grew up as "Drew" or if , at any time, he was referred to as Andrew? So, in the parlance of our times; Our #9 is Drew Topher Brees I would suppose. Just an idle passing thought.......... Lot's of those lately! Hang Loose and Aloha Bros and Sisters! I sure hope we get to see some real live and SAINTS' SUCCESSFUL Football this season! Cheers and Stay Safe and Healthy FanBase most notably? "The WHODAT NATION"! THAT's WHO!

Was looking "stuff" up and while checking "net worth" noticed that Our "Drew"s full name is Andrew Christopher Brees. Just wondered if he grew up as "Drew" or if , at any time, he was referred to as Andrew? So, in the parlance of our times; Our #9 is Drew Topher Brees I would suppose. Just an idle passing thought.......... Lot's of those lately! Hang Loose and Aloha Bros and Sisters! I sure hope we get to see some real live and SAINTS' SUCCESSFUL Football this season! Cheers and Stay Safe and Healthy FanBase most notably? "The WHODAT NATION"! THAT's WHO!
Nope and no one will. Andrew doesn't flow off the tounge like Drew does. " nice throw by Andrew Brees ":sick:. Let's not bring up Andrew Brees again. Just Drew please

Famous quote:
"No, my first name ain't Andrew. It's Drew."
"Mr. Brees if you're nasty!"

One of my MAJOR pet peeves in life are the nicknames certain men use. It made my job a living nightmare. These weren't nicknames just their family called them, noooooo. They'd sign documents and submit paperwork with these variations. Why can't they use their government names?!!

Like "Chip". WTH is Chip short for, huh? And don't get me started on Bill, Billy, Will and Willie. If your name is Lawrence, why are you calling yourself LARRY?!

Sorry. I guess the OP was a trigger for me šŸ˜¬

I've always thought Drew looked more like a Jeremy. Which he would change to Jerry. Naturally.

I've got idle thoughts too.

One of my MAJOR pet peeves in life are the nicknames certain men use. It made my job a living nightmare. These weren't nicknames just their family called them, noooooo. They'd sign documents and submit paperwork with these variations. Why can't they use their government names?!!

Like "Chip". WTH is Chip short for, huh? And don't get me started on Bill, Billy, Will and Willie. If your name is Lawrence, why are you calling yourself LARRY?!

I've always thought Drew looked more like a Jeremy. Which he would change to Jerry. Naturally.

Ironically, that's Drew's dad's nickname. :giggles:

A Wikipedia editors' discussion in 2014 states that during an interview Drew told Jay Mohr his birth name isn't Andrew, "it's just Drew."

In the interview, Brees states that he was born in Dallas and lived there until he was 7, and (at about 00:47 on the recording at the nola.com page cited above) he specifically notes that his Wikipedia page was wrong to state that his name was Andrew--"it's just Drew". In the same interview he also rebuts the reports that he was named for Drew Pearson: "that's just legend . . . somehow that came out in an article and people just ran with it".

So my given name is Michael, but I commonly go by Mike. I sign all my legal documents Michael but most of my friends/family just call me Mike. Would that be something that bothered you?

Ironically, we named one of our twin boys Andrew with the intent of calling him Drew for short. He's only 3 1/2 but so far has rejected all other forms of Andrew. No Andy(thank God), no Drew.... He will respond to Goose though (that's another story though).

Look as though I should have NEVER even started this thread. My mind's not what it once was but far too many various drugs of the 60's and 70's will do that to you.........GEAUX SAINTS!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom