Anyone think we should blitz more? (1 Viewer)

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Looking back at the last few games, it's obvious offensive coordinators are starting to see comeback routes are killing our cornerbacks. They're not getting any younger or faster. Bringing some wood a little more often will help our the defensive backs.

well, blitzing is a risk/reward thing...i'd like to see us bring the house a little more, but that means we'd have to rely on our corners playing man coverage...if the blitz gets picked up...we're kinda screwed...

i noticed we blitzed a little more in the baltimore game, and that's what happened...mcnair picked us apart...

I don't think we blitzed enough in that game. I saw McNair several times with a lot of time. We don't need to bring the house on every blitz, though. You can send in a safety or LB.

we didn't blitz enough in the TB game...at least in the 1st half. We rushed 4 too often. We have to rush this young QB!!

Losing Harper hurts us in the blitz department; when he's doing the blitzing or when he is in coverage.

Yes, we should definitely blitz more. It seems to me we started to become more passive defensively in the first Bucs game when we hardly ever blitzed a rookie QB making his first start. The team hasn't exactly done that great a job covering lately. We might as well start sending more players after the QB.

I agree...we should have brought it more against McNair....and we should give this rookie QB fits this weekend...truthfully...our DB coverage is not up to par to do it more...but against this rookie...disguising our coverage better...we need to throw it at him more this week....:9:

The way I see it is that we get burned when don't blitz so why not blitz more, its not like it would hurt that much. I'm just disappointed because I thought we would be able to get more pressure with our front four but that's not happening.

Commentators love to talk about how our front 4 is so great that we don't have to blitz. I've yet to see that enough to agree.

Looking back at the last few games, it's obvious offensive coordinators are starting to see comeback routes are killing our cornerbacks. They're not getting any younger or faster. Bringing some wood a little more often will help our the defensive backs.

I distinctly remember baltimore attacking the blitz. Blitzing is a situational thing, and vs baltimore who managed thier downs well and have a big threat at TE.....blitzing would lead to giving up some huge plays. The d is going to have to force opponents into predictible downs and distances or develop decent leads before they can get too involved in the blitz. The d line and secondary isn't strong enough for the d coord to take players out of the scheme and commit them to blitzing.

Watch the eagles, great blitzing team who has lost enough players on d that they are too weak as a unit to get away with thier blitzes. They give up a lot of yards in the air nowadays doing exactly what you want the saints to do. Yes it could get worse by blitzing more.

I distinctly remember baltimore attacking the blitz. Blitzing is a situational thing, and vs baltimore who managed thier downs well and have a big threat at TE.....blitzing would lead to giving up some huge plays. The d is going to have to force opponents into predictible downs and distances or develop decent leads before they can get too involved in the blitz. The d line and secondary isn't strong enough for the d coord to take players out of the scheme and commit them to blitzing.

Watch the eagles, great blitzing team who has lost enough players on d that they are too weak as a unit to get away with thier blitzes. They give up a lot of yards in the air nowadays doing exactly what you want the saints to do. Yes it could get worse by blitzing more.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. :D

man we have to blitz more, in not happy with that part of the defence

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom