Anyone tried Abitas "The Boot" beer yet? (1 Viewer)

FYI, free tasting of The Boot today and a couple of other Abita beers at 504 Craft Beer Reserve on Tulane 4:30-6:30

http://504craftbeer.com/

(no affiliation with the store, just a fan)

Man i miss living in City.

Stopping by there today or tomorrow since i have a group of beer snobs coming over this weekend for the game.

so far just from this thread im going to get LA31, Canebrake and now maybe some Dogfish?

Just me, but I find Canebrake a little cloying. Not a fan of Dogfish either although I recognize its acclaim (then again, it seems I like hops more than most on here).

If you want to stay local - look at the Urban South beers and the Great Raft (Shreveport) beers. They are both doing great work. Second Line (small Midcity brewery) just started bottling, and they have that. Chafunkta is another local outfit that's putting out some good stuff. Note that a lot of the local stuff will lean a bit towards the ale/hops side, just because you can produce those faster than lagers and the bigger beers.

A rather new style that I like are the hopped lager/pilsners. Founders (not local) is making a good one - PC Pils (yellow can). Urban South had a really good one (Delta Momma) but it's seasonal.

Let the guys at the store guide you. They really know their stuff, so if you tell them what you're looking for, they will turn you on to some gems.

Sounds like I'll have some new places to try to visit when I'm in town next..

All I know is that I don't like IPAs.

Here in North Texas, they sell Abita, but it's usually a while before we get the newer stuff that comes out. We just got Andygator within the last year.

I agree a little with buzd that there are better options than Abita, but I like supporting local south LA businesses with my money from here in :hookthem:. Plus one if it's beer.

Just imagine if Louisiana made a bourbon.

"Old Nutria" or something like that.

Went to a bar this weekend that had all kinds of Parish Brewery on tap. The Envie is amazing.

So so so good... but not local
The cool thing is that Abita is sold up here and Dogfish Head is sold down there. To y'all. Below the Mason-Dixon line.

Actually I'm 7 miles below the Mason-Dixon line. Down Here, With y'all :ezbill:

It is where he is. And it's quite good.
One good thing about this area is the recent proliferation of some pretty good microbreweries. Here in town we have Evolution, Third Wave, Rubber Soul, and Tall Tales. 15-20 mins away we have Burley Oak and 16 Mile. All of these have brews for sale in local and regional stores.

Any of you make your way up here, let me know and we'll hit a couple on me. My town, my tab. Cheers: :beerchug:

SaintJ don't you have someone at Salisbury University??

I make this spicy jerk chicken that only tastes right with a Turbodog to wash it down. I can't explain it, it's just synergistic. I rarely see the stuff here though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom