Anyone use an over the air HDTV Antenna? (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have a 26" LCD HD Samsung, but really can't afford to have any cable/satellite subscription. I'm already wasting $1200 a month on rent, so I rather allocate any money paid to a cable bill, to drinking instead:mwink:.

Anyway, I bought this HD Antenna: http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Amplifie...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203807798&sr=8-1

Apparently, you can get an HD picture and possibly get some other channels, that you wouldn't get with regular rabbit ears. I'm skeptical, but I guess we'll see. Anyone else use one of these? What are your experiences?

HDTV antennas are actually traditional TV (VHF/UHF) antennas with updated marketing. Better antennas offer more range or less interference than plain rabbit ears.

OTA HD typically gives you a better picture than the major nets on cable and dish. We don't have any interesting subchannels or independents here, but you're in a slightly larger market. Check available stations at TV Fool and invest a few days reading the NYC OTA thread at AVS Forum to become a true HD geek.

It's pretty much a directional UHF antenna.

I put 35$ UHF Radio Shack Antenna in my attic in Mandeville, which works pretty well for HD channels 35 or so miles away. It is far better than the small amplfied HD antennas you see, which I bought and returned.

It would be even better if it was on the roof, or if I had less trees. Still, it is perfect for channel 4 and very good for Fox, neither of which are available on cable here. I use cable for the other channels.

The way HD reception works, it is either perfect, or you get patch of unwatchable digital crap for a second or 2. There is no snow.

Great info, thanks guys

I have a philips antenna that i bought at circuit city,it picks up about 15 to 20 hd channels. i paid 100.00 bucks for it, but its worth it.also with cox i don't get channel 9 on hd and when the saints games comes on i plug my antenna up and get that channel in hd for free. cox sucks

This Terk antenna is amazing! HD is awesome and it's free! I'm getting like 10 more random channels too! Definitely a turbo-buy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom