Anyone use AV forums? (1 Viewer)

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I just got a new tv. Samsung 46" LED 6300 series. I was wondering if anyone used av forums. Id like to check one out for some good setting tweaks. Does anyone have this tv?

I know nothing about the TV, but a lot about the AVSForum.

If you are referring to the AVSForum I have used them for the last 10 years. The info there is priceless when you want to know everything there is to know before buying something. Even after the sale it will help you with any problems and help with the settings.

so im guessing AVSforum.com? i wasnt refering to anyone specific i didnt know any. thanks for the info.

They do all of the calibration for the TV's and post the settings. They get into a lot of stuff that I have no idea what they're talking about, but you do get a lot of good information. AVSForum is great, but when looking for certain things it can get a little overwhelming with the large amounts of post.

wow. Just used there settings and it looks so dull compared to what it was. I gotta find a happy medium. The other settings are to soap opera effect/dynamic. This setting very dull.

You'll find that a properly calibrated display will not be as exciting to look at because the showroom (torch) mode of the television is meant to catch your eye in order to make a sale. Running your television in that mode may decrease the life of your bulb and/or other components.

Samsung seems to do a pretty good job with their built in settings but a lot of what you get depends on your room/environment.

The best that you can hope for is to get a television that accurately displays 6500k color in all of the IRE levels with adequate brightness and contrast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom