Anyone use google play music (now being shut down in favor of youtube music) (1 Viewer)

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I use google play music to play music on my phone that I own (uploaded from CDs or purchased from itunes). Google is shutting it down and transitioning it to Youtube Music. YM is like Spotify in that it has a free and premium version. I use google play music as just a player for the music I already own. I don't need another monthly bill to pay for music I've already bought.

YM lets you transfer/upload all of your songs and playlists from GPM. My problem is the only way I can find to redownload from YM back down to my phone (for offline listening) is one song at a time, which would take forever as my library is really big. Anyone found a way around this?

I don't want a music service, just a music player app for songs I own or buy from itunes. Any recommendations for a music player app that also lets you download to your phone/transfer from itunes?

I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks once, just not a monthly subscription. I've looked a some "best..." lists, but the descriptions of the apps are not clear on if you can transfer/download or not.

I've used YouTube music for years. It says that you can download to your device but I haven't. I just like to tell Google assistant to play whatever I'm in the mood to hear and it plays. After that it'll play similar songs until you skip, or request a different song.
I have an sd card loaded with songs in my car so I haven't needed to put anything on my phone.

I've used YouTube music for years. It says that you can download to your device but I haven't. I just like to tell Google assistant to play whatever I'm in the mood to hear and it plays. After that it'll play similar songs until you skip, or request a different song.
I have an sd card loaded with songs in my car so I haven't needed to put anything on my phone.

With Android auto I have google assistant right in the car. I've previously uploaded all my music to play so I can just tell it to play whatever I want. I guess I'll have to transition to youtube music.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom