Anyone watching the LLWS? (1 Viewer)

Kid Dynomite

I aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
What a game tonight between Lafayette and East Texas, with a 3-run home run to send it to extra innings! What a finish, and I can't wait to see what they do in Williamsport for the World Series.

Congratulations to them!
kd:9:

Ain't over til the fat lady sings.

Great finish. I could have sworn that I was watching a game that my own son was in. Nervous as hell..

Congrats

Congrats to the lads from Lafayette...great finish...now go get some more.

So my search for "LLWS" only came up with this from 8 year ago.

River Ridge will play the loser of tonight's Hawai'i/NC for a chance to become the US Champion.

Anybody watching?

yes. River Ridge played at 10 am. They have had some good pitching.

Yes, I had a few friends that lived in River Ridge back in the day (though we didn't call it that, if you know the old nickname for the area).....and a friend of ours had a son that played for Loudon LL and she works for the school system...so very exciting....will be watching if possible...

So, I'm wondering about the way the bracket works out. If River Ridge beats Virginia tonight, then they advance to the US final and play Hawaii. According to the bracket, the winner of that game goes to the LLWS Championship game. While I want River Ridge to do well, it doesn't seem fair that a team with one loss can beat a team with zero losses and advance. If River Ridge beats Hawaii, shouldn't that force a third game between the two?

So, I'm wondering about the way the bracket works out. If River Ridge beats Virginia tonight, then they advance to the US final and play Hawaii. According to the bracket, the winner of that game goes to the LLWS Championship game. While I want River Ridge to do well, it doesn't seem fair that a team with one loss can beat a team with zero losses and advance. If River Ridge beats Hawaii, shouldn't that force a third game between the two?
Double elimination until the US/International championship games. You can argue that River Ridge has played more games than Hawaii....
On the U.S. side, Hawaii is the team to beat. The bats will need to be ringing for anyone to beat Hawaii. But it is baseball, so...

I find it amazing how good these kids are at 11/12 y/o. And they seem to get better every year.

A Coworker of mine, his grandson plays on the Louisiana team. He is on of the pitchers (#23 since they started playing in PA), and plays 1st and 3rd.
He is from Lutcher, but a lot of those kids aren't from River Ridge. I guess they are more of an All Star team. He has made every game since the playoffs began. State, Regional, and now LLWS. talk about burning vacation time...

A Coworker of mine, his grandson plays on the Louisiana team. He is on of the pitchers (#23 since they started playing in PA), and plays 1st and 3rd.
He is from Lutcher, but a lot of those kids aren't from River Ridge. I guess they are more of an All Star team. He has made every game since the playoffs began. State, Regional, and now LLWS. talk about burning vacation time...

Yeah thats the new thing in little league. They form these "travel teams" or "club teams " that cherry pick thru tryouts. These kids play baseball literally year round.

i don't care about the butt crevasse goodell negatives or whatever else.

i love baseball, but llws, unless invested in a player or team perhaps, is so god damn forking boring. it is like watching the majors at -10x speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom