Anzalone to IR (1 Viewer)

and we still don;t know what happened?

and so now we only have 1 LB who can cover
can we even run 4 safety sets?

2 years ago we had a crazy number of IRed players and still should have been in the NFCCS
we can still do it
Yes, I remember... but it sure does make the job a lot harder now without the depth we had to start the season.
I'm not giving up by any means. We just have to get the 'next man up' mantra to work better than ever.

Speculation - Brees not going on IR is creating a roster problem. He has to be carried on the active 53. Analzone may not have gone on IR otherwise. We have a lot of capable LBs already.
No roster problem unless they need to add another player.

Davis is the best linebacker on the team.... Anzalone is injury prone and may be what defines him as a player, Klein is a smart and heady linebacker that teams well with Davis.

Do we know the actual injury?

I’m assuming his shoulder but has there been a statement by the team? I can’t find anything..

Speculation - Brees not going on IR is creating a roster problem. He has to be carried on the active 53. Analzone may not have gone on IR otherwise. We have a lot of capable LBs already.
Speculation, and rather baseless speculation at that. We had several healthy scratches yesterday. Some of those guys are names like Austin Carr and Nick Easton. Love them or hate them, they are the heavy favorites to fill the roles vacated by guys who got hurt yesterday. Certainly they would be the favorites over someone on the PS or on the street. It's always nice to have more roster spots, but we don't "need" another one immediately. I certainly don't see the Saints blowing time with Anzalone just to add another body to the 53 to sit inactive on Sunday.

Anzalone was taking poor angles yesterday and seemed slower. Maybe it's not a shoulder.....get well glass man.

The Saints will miss Anzalone and his speed in coverage. However, versus a power run team like Seattle, Alonso should be an upgrade to the Saints defensive front. Alonso is a real thumper in the run game, and the Seahawks will try to pound the ball no doubt.

What worries me for the defense is Wilson’s scrambling and running ability, and the ability of Wilson to scramble and then chuck it deep to a speed guy like Lockett.

We were fortunate to get one full year out of him. He's been injured since UF days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom