Anzalone.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know the armchair coaches on here like to say AA has no business on an NFL roster, but the guy had a major positive effect today.

He was a major player on one of the biggest plays of the game.

Down 14-17, 3rd down, mid 4th.

He blasts in for a blindsided sack of Flacco, and at the last second Dwyer sees him and dives to AA.

This leaves Okafor, whom Dywer was blocking, wide open and he gets the sack, Ravens must punt, we go down and take the lead.

Despite not getting a stat, AA completely made the play.

In addition in the 4th, his speed chased the RB down big time on a screen, a play that had blocking set up.

.AA diagnosed and attacked immediately, had he not that was a massive gainer.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

he was in there more in the 2nd half- nickel lb- were ravens running more 3 and 4 wr sets?

I mean Idk I saw less teo in the second half and it seemed we played better but who knws maybe I'm wrong

I definitely saw him diagnose that screen; however, the play he made on it was weird. There's just something off about his play that I can't put my finger on. It just seems like he's not confident some times. Or maybe worried about an injury given his history.

I definitely saw him diagnose that screen; however, the play he made on it was weird. There's just something off about his play that I can't put my finger on. It just seems like he's not confident some times. Or maybe worried about an injury given his history.
He's only a 2nd year player that missed a majority of his first year. He's not going to be super confident on everything he does all the time yet. As long as he keeps improving is a positive. At this rate he's definitely continuing his improvement.

He's only a 2nd year player that missed a majority of his first year. He's not going to be super confident on everything he does all the time yet. As long as he keeps improving is a positive. At this rate he's definitely continuing his improvement.

I don't know if confidence is his issue or not. I speculated about 2 other possibilities. Whatever it is, it's obvious in his play. Another example was when he had a clear path to Flacco on a delayed blitz late in the game. He hesitated instead of running through Flacco, and Flacco got the ball off, which led to the PI call on PJ covering Snead.

The only time they drove right down the field easily was when Anzalone was in, just like any other game he's in. He's awful, besides P.J., he's the worst player on defense.

The only time they drove right down the field easily was when Anzalone was in, just like any other game he's in. He's awful, besides P.J., he's the worst player on defense.
PJ and Anzalone have both played well lol

remember this is the same forum that called Mark INgram a bust 2 yrs ago. Any negativity towards AA usually is someone that thinks Robertson should be starting. Their opinion should be taken with 2 lumps of salt, not a grain.

He is straight out bad.

It’s the fact that he’s actually getting more playing time than C Rob. How can that be the case smh. When I saw him on the field today I was bewildered.

remember this is the same forum that called Mark INgram a bust 2 yrs ago. Any negativity towards AA usually is someone that thinks Robertson should be starting. Their opinion should be taken with 2 lumps of salt, not a grain.
Please don’t compare a heinsman winner coming out of college to Alex Anzalone coming out of college. It’s evident to see on the field, Anzalone is not good. He’s a weak link and you bet teams will exploit him even more than they have as the season progresses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom