Anzalone (1 Viewer)

Kiko? I'll have what you're smoking. Anz is not lighting it up to be sure, but to pine for the days of Kiko... We could sure use another Demario if we are going to play a 2 LB Defense, but we don't have one, and Baun, Robertson, Ellis, and... Kiko are not going to turn into one anytime soon. We throw them in every once in awhile, and then that makes us remember why Anz is on the field. That whiff by the Hitman on the Panthers second TD was embarrassing. From the tone of most of the posts, maybe folks mistook the Hitman for Marcus Williams.

He's bad. He's really bad. Can't cover. Can't Tackle. And can't shed blocks. Maybe he is a good communicator?

My father loves to say that he's not an NFL caliber LB. I make the argument that the Saints have him for pass coverage and that's it. As far as tackling or making a huge impact, we can definitely improve.

For me he plays the run really well, his speed allows him to fly to the ball but his tackling is inconsistent (although that's been a problem for the whole defense this season), and his coverage skills have fallen off a cliff. With him, I think his injury woes could be affecting his tackling. The coverage thing however is what leads me to have hopped on the need for a coaching change. Like anyone in our defense that's consistently asked to cover, he's just not making plays. That's on coaching.

Our linebackers took a huge hit with the loss of coach Nolan and I really think losing AJ Klein hurt as well.

I know I didn't like losing Klein or Von Bell. They are much bigger losses then most folks realize.
I'm with this and posted about it a couple of times. I've never found Anzalone to be any good. The RBs running wide open in the flat have been his responsibility. Things like that weren't happening with Klein.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom